Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: okay porscharu update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
just so everybody knows, we made it to texas on wed. with out any real problems, just had the throttle cable came loose, 2 mins and it was fixed.

the only thing is i might have a cv going up on me, i have a clunk that is worse when the car is cold after a few mins it goes away. lucky i am at familys so i can stay as long as i need to, to fix.
ThinAir
Glad to hear you are ok. I was wondering what happened to you since I was hoping you'd come back through Flagstaff on the way East.
Brad Roberts
Good to hear from you Scott clap.gif

Figure out which CV it is and shoot some grease into the CV joint. I'm betting they are dry. This will require sticking something into the small end of the rubber boot to hold it up while you shoot some grease into the boot. I have used large syringes in the past with grease in them. This will *probably* help. The CV will still need to be replaced sooner or later.

B
lapuwali
Now that you've pretty much proven your cooling system works, you need to post some good photos or drawings of the ducting.
scotty914
sorry ernie i did come back thru flagstaff, but it was late and chilly with no heat.

next time thru i will stop

and i did figure what it is... its the drivers side inner cv, i can grab the axle and make it clunk. but there is a parts pace about 10 mins from here that deals with older import stuff so i migh have a replacement tommarrow.

and brad i still have about 2000 miles left on this trip so i replace it before i leave texas. i am betting i cracked it driving it hard everywhere including the track
JWest
Where in TX are you? I have a pile of axles if you're coming through DFW.
ThinAir
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Apr 28 2005, 09:25 PM)
and chilly with no heat.

What's with you water-cooled conversion folks? Rick had the same concern with the Alien. Of course if I had to choose between driving across country for WCC without heat or not going at all, I'd bring along warm clothes and blankets for the trip!
aircooledboy
mmhmmm, heat gooood. me likey me heat. monkeydance.gif

Been around 50' for weeks now, but I'm toasty warm w/ no carbon momoxide poisoning. w00t.gif Heat was a little bit of a pain to do, but really worth the effort. wub.gif
ewdysar
My SBC 914 has got heat. It even uses the stock control levers, including the red lever on the floor for the water flow valve. It just a matter of putting it in. (No CO problems with mine, either)
Eric
ThinAir
QUOTE (ewdysar @ Apr 29 2005, 03:23 PM)
My SBC 914 has got heat. It even uses the stock control levers, including the red lever on the floor for the water flow valve. It just a matter of putting it in. (No CO problems with mine, either)
Eric

You should post some pictures and details of just how you did this.
TurtleGirl

Good to hear, Scott! Tell Teri I said Happy Birthday, and I'm glad you guys made it! Keep the updates coming!

Liz
sean_v8_914
Scott, the extra weight of your huge balls must be stressing the axles. I too am very interested in more details of your cooling configuration

I hope you are going through Dallas for that axle replacement. I had an extra CV at WCC. I wish it had clunked then
Joe Ricard
Scott left a few hours ago heading North. I-65
He made here to Mississippi before noon. Wrenches started swinging after a "Hey give a ride in that thing"
once in the Porscharu and one in the yellow bugger. driving.gif Not sure who is faster as I had the edge in holding down the gas in the curves. No doubt he can whip me in any thing more that 50 yards of acceleration.
anyway we swapped out his transaxle for the best spare I had. It'll get him there. Shift it slow Scott. beer.gif
Here a couple of pics of teener bonding.
Joe Ricard
And the cars got to bench racing too.
Joe Ricard
Hey Scott I think I found sumpin wrong here. Are them new tranny mounts you won supposed to look like that?
Coulda lost the whole shitin works if it wasn't for the Suby motor mount
grasshopper
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ May 6 2005, 06:01 PM)
Hey Scott I think I found sumpin wrong here. Are them new tranny mounts you won supposed to look like that?
Coulda lost the whole shitin works if it wasn't for the Suby motor mount

holy shit! it looks like its going to fall out any minute!
Joe Bob
Can't tell...but it looks like nylocks should have been used.

Good that ya caught it....better now then in front of a backwoods goat farm with guys in masks using chain saws to trim the ivy.... cool_shades.gif
TravisNeff
Damn! I guess the big wrench wasn't a fix all..
Allan
Holy crap that looks scarey. I hope you found it before you started back on the road.
Series9
Damn. I offered him $75 for those mounts before he put them in. I said 'the RS actually needs those'. He thought about it for a minute and then declined.

I didn't know he needed supervision to install tranny mounts. ohmy.gif Now it's bent. sad.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea well, Scotts main input shaft had ALOT of side motion. Shoulda seen the brabd new Swepco oil we draned out. looked like 5lbs of gold dust. The magnet dran plug had a ball of metal on it the size of my thumb. So we decided to put an entire transaxle unit in. This would be the one I just dropped for a leaky input shaft seal. Didn't have a new seal but it should hold enough oil long enough to get home. Sent an extra bottle of gear lube with him.
JoeSharp
I just wanna say how much you guys ROCK. I keep waiting to hear[(read) Teri is home and comfie].
Come on, the best we can do is support....
I ROCK, ALL OF YOU ROCK, WE BE KOOOL... cool_shades.gif
wub.gif Joe
Joe Ricard
Well seems like about once a year some 914 club member comes by with his car. Let's make this a more frequent happening. Looking at the location map you can see not too many of us around here. I need to go to Tampa them Florida guys like our car a whole lot.

Road trip!!!! driving.gif
redshift
There is no way that car can run with a radiator in the middle.

M
Joe Ricard
Yea well that's been said before. I personally seen it in the middle and had a chance to skinnny up under neath and check out what the duct looked like. So I forgot my camera while doing the back scat crawl. Wasn't about to go do it again with the motor hanging and the trans wrestling going on.

If'n you would have replied to both my PM's Scott woulda stopped by and you could have seen it yourself. But NOOOOO so shhhhhh.
redshift
It doesn't existes.

M
Joe Ricard
Shooosh!!!!! finger.gif
redshift
Yes, shooosh.... like a Nike...

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.