Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-6 Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nor.Cal.914
I am looking for a set of 914-6 headers within the $500 price range, if possible. Please let me know what you have. Thanks!

-Chris
koozy
What size are you looking for?
Nor.Cal.914
Forgot to put what engine it's for. Will be for a 3.0L so around 1 5/8"
billh1963
New Headers

Link to new Bursch 1-5/8" headers...$550
koozy
Yep, I was going to suggest the same ones.

PS: Don't mind the photo in the ad. That is the correct header set. The photo is incorrect. I checked last time I purchased this exact set.
forrestkhaag
You can also buy direct from Bursch in LA if you wnat a roadtrip / check first, but it has to be cheaper than AutoM.

Also. I have this set of headers for my 3.0 under construction / Q: Does anyone know where I can locate the two pipes that complete the system to the inlets of the 911 muffler?
koozy
The ones I had bolted right up to my 911 sport muffler
forrestkhaag
Interesting / I have not tried just yet as my motor and tranny are not yet fitted / maybe I am worrying about something that doesn't need it...... confused24.gif

thanks for the heads up.. beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
Mystery solved.

I have what is pictured in the "wrong" picture..... bought from my pal larmo63.... sheeplove.gif

I just talked to the owner of Bursch and he said that if you have a set of 911 headers as shown in the "wrong picture" in the AutoMo catalog, you will need an addition dual flanged pipe to make the gap between the muffler and the header /

I am now trying to envision why the 911 headers would not fit under the car in the 914 application as there is no engine bar anymore. Maybe an issue with alignment with the half-shafts..... barf.gif ???

I will update when I get to that point..........

beerchug.gif
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 10 2017, 02:36 PM) *

Mystery solved.

I have what is pictured in the "wrong" picture..... bought from my pal larmo63.... sheeplove.gif

I just talked to the owner of Bursch and he said that if you have a set of 911 headers as shown in the "wrong picture" in the AutoMo catalog, you will need an addition dual flanged pipe to make the gap between the muffler and the header /

I am now trying to envision why the 911 headers would not fit under the car in the 914 application as there is no engine bar anymore. Maybe an issue with alignment with the half-shafts..... barf.gif ???

I will update when I get to that point..........

beerchug.gif

So the headers from Automotion will not fit correctly in a 914 is what you're saying?
koozy
The Automotion listing of Bursch 914-6 headers is correct and work. It is simply the photo that is incorrect.

If you have a set that looks like the photo, they are for a 911 and the outlets face the wrong direction.
koozy
The correct header looks like this

Click to view attachment
koozy
The link to the Automotion listing for a set of 914-6 headers, if purchased, will yield a correct set that looks like the ones I posted above. I've done it, more than once.
billh1963
QUOTE(koozy @ Jan 10 2017, 06:46 PM) *

The link to the Automotion listing for a set of 914-6 headers, if purchased, will yield a correct set that looks like the ones I posted above. I've done it, more than once.

I had the same question when I bought mine a year ago. Koozy is right...they will be correct.
forrestkhaag
And if you turn the 911 versions around and aim the pipes toward the 914-6 end of the equation (muffler end) they will work with the little stub pipe added. I fitted them to my 3.0 heads and determined this to be the case.

If you don't already own an alternate set-solution, it is a lot easier to buy the set being described as true -6 headers however - and Bursch in Pasadena is making sets as we speak / talked to the owner yesterday on this topic......

beerchug.gif
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 12 2017, 01:36 PM) *

And if you turn the 911 versions around and aim the pipes toward the 914-6 end of the equation (muffler end) they will work with the little stub pipe added. I fitted them to my 3.0 heads and determined this to be the case.

If you don't already own an alternate set-solution, it is a lot easier to buy the set being described as true -6 headers however - and Bursch in Pasadena is making sets as we speak / talked to the owner yesterday on this topic......

beerchug.gif

Very cool! biggrin.gif I will be ordering a set within the next few weeks! Thank you all for the info!

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.