Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 LE Creamsicle for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Torque
I am selling my '74 Creamsicle. I purchased my LE in 2011 and it's been a labor love ever since.

It's a numbers matching, real 914 LE vin# 4742915473. The fully rebuilt motor, with new euro pistons, has less than 350 miles. Aase Motors in Fullerton, CA had my LE in their shop for a year, rebuilding the motor, coordinating the paint job and making repairs. Aase Motors is a well-known Porsche repair shop in So Cal and has a race team. They do great work and their rebuilder, Allen, knows what he’s doing.

Info on my Creamsicle:

Vin #: 4742915473
Mileage: 89,711
New fully rebuilt original numbers matching motor.
OEM Euro pistons installed during rebuild
Original Bosch fuel injection
New silencer pad
Engine sheet metal, including air box, powder coated
New battery (2 months old)
No signs of rust
No signs of accidents
Correct single-stage paint job
All body seals replaced with OEM seals, if available (the vast majority)
New HD Bilstein shocks
New 100 lb. Weltmeister rear springs
New tires (Bridgestone Potenza – 195 60R 15)
Stainless steel fuel lines installed. All rubber fuel lines replaced.
Front brake calipers rebuilt
All wheel bearings replaced
Both rear axles replaced
All 5 wheels recently repainted
New windshield chrome trim
New Coco mats
Oil/Filter change in December 2016 (Brad Penn 20w50)

One sheet metal panel in the trunk was replaced prior to re-paint. The previous owner made repairs to the hell hole. I opted not to paint the front trunk since it was in great shape. The exterior is perfect. The bumpers and bumperettes are in excellent condition. Many of the light lenses were replaced with OEM lenses. Windshield appears to be after-market. All of the other glass appears to be original. Floor pans are all original. Has the original jack and tool kit. The owner’s manual is from another ’74 914. The interior is original and in very good condition. No cracks on the dash or roll bar pad. The radio is not functioning. There are minor tears in both seats. The right speaker cover is missing a small piece of plastic at the bottom corner, but it’s barely noticeable. The oil temperature sensor cover started to leak slowly and was repaired during Dec 2016 oil change. All gauges work, with the exception of the clock. The original fuel injection works perfectly and starts right up. This Creamsicle drives and handles like it should.

What does this LE need? Not much. I would drive it cross country in a heartbeat. The only thing I want to point out is that the passenger side jack receptacle was replaced with one from Restoration Design. It was installed by the body shop that did the paint work. When using a jack pad to raise the car, the angle doesn’t match the driver side. I’ve used it twice, but I don’t like the way it looks. I have since used a jack along with a rubber pad to raise the car inboard of the jack receptacle on that side. So, if you intend to use the jack receptacle on the passenger side, have it inspected first.

Clean California title. Car is registered in CA, but is now located in Henderson, NV. Pre-purchase inspections are welcome.

About 75 photos available here:

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/914le/libr...1974%20914%20LE

If you’d like to talk on the phone, PM me and I will give you my cell.

Price: $35K

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=588
914]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=588918]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
This is a REAL beauty! GLWS
914werke
Very Nice!!
Cairo94507
I am not really a LE fan, but that is one nicely done car. If I were looking for one, that would be the one. GLWTS
siverson
Nice car!

-Steve
Torque
Thank you everyone!

John
Torque
Asking price reduced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.