Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC Twisty video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dan10101
Well the video thread went it's own way..

Here's my twisty road video. It's long, booring, poor video, poor quality and 15mb.

That said, enjoy Mulholland Drive and highway 1...

Twisty v8 video with a GT2 thrown in for good measure. Right Click and Save As

(This is what the coast is supposed to look like in the video.)
Carlitos Way
I love the closing frame. Nice video, and once again, kudos to Howard and family!!!

neo914-6
I had the fortune of being the passenger in Chris' white V8 914, Mike was in the GT2.

smilie_pokal.gif I don't think enough people realize the workmanship Chris put into his 914. The performance and handling was awesome.

smilie_pokal.gif Andrew did great work on his V8 conversion which was proven in the Mulholland hills and Willows track.
nine14cats
hmmm...I wonder if my V8 will be done by next year????

laugh.gif

Bill P.
dan10101
Well, I thought I'd have to dig this up from page 3...

Ok, for those who were scared off by my description, here is a smaller version of the video. shorter, less booring, still poor video, but now even worse quality. Did I sell you yet? Anyway, I think I kept the highlights.

http://www.teamgracer.com/cars/wcc2005/wcctwisty2.wmv
~5mb

Dan
Brad Roberts
Yes. Chris' car is VERY nice. He needs some stickie brake pads and a oil cooler.. along with Motec and some TWM throttle bodies..LOL I had to use both feet to get the car stopped.

Andrew will need a oil cooler also.

We where seeing 275degree oil temps in Chris' by my third lap of driving his car.

He also needs to lengthen the throw on his shifter.. I could barely shift it and I'm used to early 914's (stick in box of rocks feel)

Lets see.. he also needs a better breather setup. He was puking oil out the breathers...

B
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 29 2005, 08:10 PM)
Yes. Chris' car is VERY nice. He needs some stickie brake pads and a oil cooler.. along with Motec and some TWM throttle bodies..LOL I had to use both feet to get the car stopped.

Andrew will need a oil cooler also.

We where seeing 275degree oil temps in Chris' by my third lap of driving his car.

He also needs to lengthen the throw on his shifter.. I could barely shift it and I'm used to early 914's (stick in box of rocks feel)

Lets see.. he also needs a better breather setup. He was puking oil out the breathers...

B

Given his perfectionist mentality for many years I'm glad he let loose to make it drivable for the WCC...a worthy goal. Now that it's running there's lots to scrutinize and change. laugh.gif Many of his parts are NOS.
Brad Roberts
He kept asking me what he needed to do to it.. like he actually missed working on it. laugh.gif He is a great guy. Super smart. It needs about another 100hp and another 1000RPM of useable engine clap.gif

It was pretty cool.. we where having a hard time getting it to understeer on the skid pad... lotso tire under that thing.

B
Andyrew
He needs another 100hp??

What do you think he's running right now? We never got a chance to compare our cars hp wise (We knew what mine is at, we dont know his....)

Andrew
ThinAir
QUOTE (dan10101 @ Apr 29 2005, 12:01 AM)
Here's my twisty road video. It's long, booring, poor video, poor quality and 15mb.

Not long enough, not boring, and making me really wish I'd made it!

Just what route was this? I might want to explore this the next time I have a reason to go to S. CA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.