Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the Dyno and Ready to Go
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeD
Been a long journey, but looks like we're finally done. I'll be picking the car up Monday from Jake.

Pulled the engine October 2015, spent much of last year doing a father-and-son restore in the garage while Jake worked his magic on the motor.

He just dyno'ed her and she's making 143 HP and 153ft. lbs torque at the wheels, with stock heater boxes and Bursch exhaust.

Cannot wait to finally drive her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrLCRYMNaZA
Mueller
Should be fun, keep us updated!
stugray
Can you tell us any specifics of the engine?
JmuRiz
Impressive numbers, that's probably about 170hp/180tq at the crank.
That's a lot of scoot from a 2270 with heater boxes and a quiet-ish muffler!

Makes me second guess my /6 conversion biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Some serious HP from a 4. beerchug.gif
Rand
Awesome. It's great to have something this cool to be stoked about. Looking forward to your first drive report. beerchug.gif
Cracker
Joe,

That is really impressive...my 2.4/4 didn't make that for sure! I'm looking forward to seeing it - happy for you! Cheers!

Tony
old914dog
That is strong. I have a 2.0, 11.65 compression, 318 degree duration, .502 lift cam, Foley headers, and 48 carbs, Len's heads and made 143 at the wheels. Once again, Jake got the combo right on!! You get the benefit of decades of experience. Enjoy!!
Jake Raby
This engine only has 9:1 CR, and a split duration camshaft with less than 300 degrees of duration @ .020". Less than .500" lift as well. It also only has a 44mm pair of IDF carbs, with stock 36mm venturis.

I have not made this much power without headers, ever before.

Joe has been great to work with. Some pics later. I have to go unload my new Porsche Tractor that just arrived :-0
JoeD
Shot of the engine, but I think this is before the Mallory was swapped for a 123Ignition electronic ignition system:
Click to view attachment

And a shot from down under:
Click to view attachment

JoeD
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jan 11 2017, 11:09 AM) *

Joe,

That is really impressive...my 2.4/4 didn't make that for sure! I'm looking forward to seeing it - happy for you! Cheers!

Tony

Thanks Tony! Okteenerfest 2017 for sure! biggrin.gif But let's hope sooner.

JD
Jake Raby
Joe, I can't wait for you to pick it up, and see the huge transformation that I created for this 914!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.