Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's wrong with this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tweet
Well at least they're not calling it a 914 door handle. Can you see what's up, I can?

"Porsche 914 Gas Door Lock Assembly"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Gas-Do...Qa~&vxp=mtr

Frankvw
Good condition, not sure if lock works :-)
Interesting key. Maybe it is gold and that makes it cheap !
tweet
I agree, the chrome is decent, but that's not it. sad.gif
SO.O.C914er
QUOTE(tweet @ Jan 11 2017, 02:35 PM) *

piratenanner.gif well this is not a gas door lock haha and I've never seen a gas door lock on any year 914 booyaa!!
Millerwelds
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jan 11 2017, 12:15 PM) *

piratenanner.gif well this is not a gas door lock haha and I've never seen a gas door lock on any year 914 booyaa!!

Sure you have. It is the little pull knob under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Try to get to the gas cap without it. beerchug.gif
SO.O.C914er
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Jan 11 2017, 03:28 PM) *

Sure you have. It is the little pull knob under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Try to get to the gas cap without it. beerchug.gif

lol-2.gif agree good call. But would you call that a front hood lock or a gas door lock?
Cairo94507
Most of these eBay "sellers" are just dolts....
914Sixer
You do not need to know what you are selling, just be able to list it and move on.
rmdinmd
it's missing a very important piece and will never open a door as is. biggrin.gif
6freak
for 99 dollars it should come with a door lol-2.gif screwballs
tweet
Okay, here's the kicker, seller has a feedback score of 2626 - 100% positive. WHAT?
tornik550
With an ebay ad like that, I am surprised the seller isn't from Atlanta poke.gif
tweet
I looked, I thought maybe he was from China, Nigeria, Transylvania etc, etc. and using google translate.
scallyk9
As shown in the photograph, this "lock" isn't going to open anything including one of the doors to gain access to the front trunk door latch pull. The cam and spring at the end of the lock cylinder are missing.
tweet
Yes, but you can lock your gas cap with it; it's a gas door assembly. As a matter of fact, it looks eerily similar to this gas door assembly.

Cuda911
No wonder the inside of my car smells like gasoline!

I've been filling it through that gas door. I thought it was odd that there were gas doors on each side of the car, but I figured that was so you could drive up to either side of the pump.
Rob-O
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jan 11 2017, 06:33 PM) *

No wonder the inside of my car smells like gasoline!

I've been filling it through that gas door. I thought it was odd that there were gas doors on each side of the car, but I figured that was so you could drive up to either side of the pump.

Like the old Jaguar XJS. Never have to worry which side of the gas pump you're pulling up on!
tweet
I thought that second gas door was for a reserve tank.
jim_hoyland

There are a few....
tweet
Okay, one last thing. What's most wrong with it is the VW lock cylinder and VW key they jammed in the handle. I don't even see how that would work the VW lock cylinder is completely different than that of a 914. That key is for a mid to late 60's Vdub. VW lock cylinders are shorter in length, narrower in diameter and the retaining end is completely different. Feel bad for whomever buys that handle.
somd914
I'll buy it, my fuel is just sitting there unprotected and waiting to be to syphoned... Not sure how to install it, but I'll figure something out - nothing a sawzall, grinder, sheet metal screws, and Bondo won't fix...

Click to view attachment
tweet
I think the seller may be on this forum or someone gave him a heads up. He retitled the ad and added a disclaimer on the lock cylinder. Also dropped the price to $49.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.