Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sequence for Washers & Spacers on Non-Retractable Belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
Looked on here for any thread on this but only found info related to the later retractable seat belts. Just need the install sequence for the spacers & washers for the early 3 point seat belts.
GeorgeRud
The factory PET only has the parts diagram for the retractable belts! I'll try to check my old paper factory manual to see if they show the order. However, I imagine that the spacer goes against the chassis, then the other washers, etc. are there to keep the seatbelt end between some washers so it can't pull off.
mepstein
sandwich the belt end between the nylon washers and use the thick steel washer to space the end away from the body.
Mikey914
Just made some of the nylon washers with the lip for the seal belts more pics soon.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 15 2017, 01:08 PM) *

Just made some of the nylon washers with the lip for the seal belts more pics soon.

The 911 guys want them in black as the early ones were made. VW and 914 Porsche were white from my experience. New ones are available from Porsche but them lack the lip used on the originals. I could care less about the color. I have lots of seat belt bolts and some of the spacer and washer hardware to complete them. I could use some of the washers to put together sets of seat belt installation hardware.

Bruce
Peashooter
mepstein is correct. The upper connection for the shoulder belt has a spacer that goes behind the washer to hold it out from the targa bar so as not to crush the plastic. The upper bolts are longer than the lower ones. The same shouldered bolt, just longer. AA has the white plastic spacers. Pelican has them as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.