Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Going to Vegas for work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Vegas:
I'll being doing a show at the Venitian on the 9th. We arrive sometime on the 7th, truck arrives at midnight, setup the 8th, show on the 9th and bug out on the 10th.
I'm not sure the flight schedule on the 7th, but should be able to make dinner/drinks if anyone is interested.

Orlando:
Not at all sure what this gig entails time wise, but we arrive on the 3rd and leave on the 7th.
I'll try to get a schedule.

I probably won't have pc access while I'm gone, but will have my cell. 317-557-1257
slivel
While you are in Las Vegas, if you are interested (and have the time) in seeing some of us 914 Club people racing, come out to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. There is a PCA Club race/DE scheduled 6-8 May. We will be on the 2.4 mile road course right beside the Superspeedway. Its also right beside Nellis AFB in North Las Vegas.
seanery
Steve,
that's on the 15 just North of town?
If we get in early, I may pop out there.
slivel
Yes, I usually take the Craig exit toward Nellis. Go to the end and turn left - the speedway is about 2miles down the road on the left. You can't miss it, the speedway is huge. If you miss the Criag exit continue on 15 North about 3 or 4 more miles and there is an exit for the speedway. You can see the speedway from the freeway - its on the right and there is nothing much else out there.
seanery
I vaguely remember stopping there one of the times I drove from LA-Indy. I was at a gas station near the track and IIRC could see Carol Shelby's shop. Does that sound right?
slivel
I'm not sure about where SWhelby's shop is/was. The superspeeway has been there about 4-5 years now- before that there was a road course and a motocross course and at least one driving school. Now its a huge multipurpose racing complex with drag strip, bull ring, motocross, road course, skid pads, and the superspeedway. http://www.lvms.com/
VegasRacer
Very Cool. I'll see you guys at the track next weekend. mueba.gif

In the photo, Shelby's place is in one of the white buildings at the top left. There is also a gas station on the corner right across from the big sign you can see from I-15. The exit ramps for the Interstate are at the very top of the picture. Nellis is the road at the bottom. Craig road is out of frame off to the left. The PCA event is at the road course just to the left of the big track.

Dinner / drinks after a day at the races sound perfect. chowtime.gif beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
Sean: Yeh buddy, I aint loggin-out again. If your gunna be here I'll deffenetyl try to make atleast dinner. I owe you big time. pray.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
Qarl
Let me know your schedule and where you plan to stay.

I will PM you contact info.
seanery
I've got my travel schedule, but not my gig schedule.

Orlando:
May 3 arrive 3:10pm
May 7 depart 3:10pm (I don't think we have any thing planned this day)

Las Vegas:
May 7 arrive 7:01pm
May 10 depart 11:25am
VegasRacer
Sean - If you want, I can pick you up at the airport on Saturday night. No problem. Really. Is it just you or are there more in your group? I'm sure you'll be hungry and tired (thirsty too). There are lots of good options for places to eat and things to do.

Any chance you will be able to come out to the track on Sunday?

Let me know what I can do to make your brief stay in town more enjoyable.
seanery
John,
I won't be able to make the track either day. I was hoping we would leave Orlando earlier in the AM.
We unload the semi at midnight Sat night and go back in at 8am to start setting up the gear.
I'll be in a group of 3-5. I know 3 of us come directly from Orlando and there is at least guy coming from Indy.

Dinner and drinks Sat night would be cool, as long as I can still tip a truck wink.gif
Sparky
QUOTE (seanery @ Apr 29 2005, 08:07 AM)
Orlando:
Not at all sure what this gig entails time wise, but we arrive on the 3rd and leave on the 7th.
I'll try to get a schedule.

If your interested in a nice dinner check out the Texas De Brazil on International Drive in Orlando. Just awesome! We jsut got back from doing the family Disney thing and ate there one night.

My best,
Mike D.
seanery
I switched cell service today, so I've got a new # 317-557-5069

Qarl & John, I'm taking your contact info.

Qarl, how bout a breakfast or brunch on Saturday? (I'll be offline after 8am tomorrow until I get back)
VegasRacer
Sean - LMK your flight info and I will be waiting for you.
Do you want me to bring the tow vehicle so everybody can ride,
or should I drive Elvira to pick you up and let your friends hop in a cab?
seanery
Delta 233, arrives 7:01pm...I'm not sure if we're renting a car or supposed to cab it. I'll call you when I know what we're doing there...thanks! biggrin.gif
seanery
see ya fellas!

I'm internet disabled until I get home ohmy.gif
brant
Sean,

travel safe....

John take a camera out to the speedway please.
All of the grand junction, colorado crew will be going there with their teeners....

dang nice cars (and fast!)

brant
Qarl
Saturday should be fine.

Where are you staying (what part of town). Any other people, or just you?

Qarl

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.