Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIY RS Door Pulls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsyr
Just thought I would share this. I made these using 1 inch aluminum flat stock from Home Depot. I took a 2x6 and rounded the edges using a grinder to make an impression of the door handle. Then I hammered the flatstock into shape on the 2x6.
The end caps I got from Einmalig (http://www.einmaligparts.com/Rose-Satin-Black31_p_150763.html) for 4.23 a piece. These just clip onto the handle ends. They are slightly narrower the 1 inch though. About 7/8 inch, so I just used the bench grinder to narrow them. Other than that they fit great.
As far as finishing I glued a piece of thin high density foam to the top and wrapped them in black vinyl. I did stitch the back to keep it tight.
I've had these on my car for about two years now.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mueller
Looks good.
Costa05
Clever idea. Have to keep that one for future project. I am new, what is the background on the power window upgrade?
nsyr
It is a Spal deluxe window kit. The car is a 72 but I upgraded to the later style window regulators. They are far better in my opinion.
kid914
I like the power windows...thinking of doing the same. first.gif
nsyr
I used the older 911 switches
whitetwinturbo
WOW wub.gif

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice beer3.gif

Love to see a/your build thread on the power windows stirthepot.gif
lonewolfe
Great job! everything looks like it was meant to be!
EdwardBlume
Looks nice! aktion035.gif

Saving weight for the electric window motor? shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.