Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luftgekühlt 4 gathering Los Angeles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Maltese Falcon
This is a NO Miss event for our air cooled Porsche cult biggrin.gif
Luftgekühlt 4 brought to you by Patrick Long + Howie Idleson. The Venue to be announced in the next coming weeks. I'll post (or someone here will) the location as soon as it is announced .
Stay tuned !
colingreene
so excited. Might even bring my hoopdie.
914-300Hemi
So excited. Date saved.
914_teener
I got a chance to actually meet Patrick Long at the last Rennsport.
What a cool guy....and he surfs.

Thanks Marty...date saved.
Larmo63
Last year was wonderful and the venue was great. I hope they have it at Modernica again.
Gmanscott55
Awesome event... Do not miss out. Estimate 300 + cars.

Click to view attachment
sb914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 14 2017, 07:11 AM) *

I got a chance to actually meet Patrick Long at the last Rennsport.
What a cool guy....and he surfs.

Thanks Marty...date saved.

He surfs!! He must be cool!!!
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the heads up; got in on the calendar
Maltese Falcon
Bring the 914s driving.gif driving-girl.gif aktion035.gif Click to view attachment
mgp4591
Might even be worth the trip from Utah... idea.gif driving.gif
rgalla9146
.......or New Jersey
oldschool
dry.gif Snap my Granddaughter will be born around that time....I may tell them to hold off a few days..
They are big star war fans ...MAY THE 4Th be with you, Get it lol...
mgp4591
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 16 2017, 08:28 AM) *

.......or New Jersey

Damn, that'd be impressive! If you drive out, you've got a place to stay within a days drive from L.A. and I'd be definitely going!
driving.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
campbellcj
I will be there if at all possible! However I may not have a street-legal aircooled car to bring at the time, or anytime soon... I made it on the streets last year but it was pretty sketchy and the car is even further modified and decaled now.
Maltese Falcon
Luftgekuhlt 4 gathering location noted as
112 e. 22nd Street
San Pedro .CA
Full info and RSVP a good parking space on their online site $20.00 .
914_teener
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 1 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Luftgekuhlt 4 gathering location noted as
112 e. 22nd Street
San Pedro .CA
Full info and RSVP a good parking space on their online site $20.00 .

I signed up for the mailing list and haven't heard a word.

Thanks for the heads up Marty.
914_teener
You're going to Luftgekühlt 4 !

Signed up beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
good it is saturday. I'm going with my 914.
Update: ooops wait after checking the site, its May 7 sunday. Sorry can't join! huhuhu

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/luftgekuhlt-4-...ets-33315187623
914_teener
It.s Sunday the 7th my friend.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 1 2017, 12:10 PM) *

It.s Sunday the 7th my friend.

yes sir after checking the site is says May 7. The first post indicated May 6/7. Well sorry for me can't attend.
sb914
I'll be there, cool spot to. I just drove by there today.
iankarr
I went last year. Awesome show.
SKL1
Got an email for tix yesterday- damn, I should drive over from PHX...
pete000
Just down the street from me !

I will have my six there for sure. Registered today.
914-300Hemi
Signed up first thing in the morning. piratenanner.gif
sb914
Question----- do you need to get in with parking only or do you need to pay parking and entrence fee?. Trying to sign up now !!

Thanks
cary
I'll be there showing the 2 Rothsport Mexican 1000 rally cars. Patrick asked that they come as they finished the race the week before. Porsche factory style.

Off for a test flight.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Kangaroo bars being assembled today. Bastos type Rothsport Racing livery being done the week before we leave.

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(cary @ Apr 2 2017, 07:12 AM) *

I'll be there showing the 2 Rothsport Mexican 1000 rally cars. Patrick asked that they come as they finished the race the week before. Porsche factory style.

Off for a test flight.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Kangaroo bars being assembled today. Bastos type Rothsport Racing livery being done the week before we leave.

Been watching the build on iG and it's over the top ¡...bring 'em dirty !
Marty
cary
I'll try and do a video with audio. The sound from two blocks away will curl your toes. Bitchn.
Rothsport designed GT2 exhaust for the 3.6.
campbellcj
I will be there but probably not driving or walking under my own power...

If anyone might be up for carpooling (driving me) from the Agoura Hills area, please PM.
campbellcj
Also FWIW VARA/SVRA is racing at Buttonwillow that weekend will which surely impact the Porsche participation at one event or the other...my guess is Luft will pull the crowd
sb914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 2 2017, 05:14 AM) *

Question----- do you need to get in with parking only or do you need to pay parking and entrence fee?. Trying to sign up now !!

Thanks

Nevermind!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 2 2017, 01:49 PM) *

If anyone might be up for carpooling (driving me) from the Agoura Hills area, please PM.

Chris, if you can get to the Hollywood area early in the morning, you can hitch a ride with us from there. PM me for details ¡
Marty
campbellcj
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 3 2017, 02:56 PM) *

Chris, if you can get to the Hollywood area early in the morning, you can hitch a ride with us from there. PM me for details ¡
Marty

Thank you Marty, you're awesome! beerchug.gif I'll aim to line-up transport a good week or two ahead. I just got the great news that I'll be off crutches by then, which should make it a MUCH more enjoyable event. aktion035.gif
burton73
I snoozed and now the air-cooled Porsche parking is sold out.
To bad for me.

Bob B
smash.gif
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
Maltese Falcon
See all of you down in ' Pedro. Will be walking the show this year (bringing no cars) with Mattylite, Chris cjcam and a couple other teener gearheads. For a Luft warm up...our Hollywood Cruise-in has been rescheduled to Sunday April 30, 2017, 2017. Details in another thread ! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(burton73 @ Apr 4 2017, 09:14 PM) *

To bad for me.

Bob B
smash.gif

Yes this happened to me also. Awe schnitzel. Would have loved to show my car there.
sb914
icon_bump.gif two more weeks. Anyone wanna meet up in the O.C to caravan ?
Gmanscott55
Darn... Same day as PCA Orange Coast autocross. Have fun.
Maltese Falcon

Chris, please confirm with me for next Sunday 5.7.17 , as I will meet you for pick up in Hollywood at 7am, same addy as the Hollywood cruise-in's.
Call me this week at 818.5zero7.69three7 to confirm. You may also email me at tech@msdsinc.com
If I don't hear from you this week, we will drive straight to San Pedro from L.A.
ALSO, get your general admission ticket online...avoid the long lines at Luft.
Hope all is good ! Marty
Maltese Falcon
icon_bump.gif for Sunday May 7, 2017
campbellcj
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 15 2017, 04:48 PM) *

To bad for me.

Bob B
smash.gif

Yes this happened to me also. Awe schnitzel. Would have loved to show my car there.

Last year I got there maybe 6:30AM and the show area was already filling-up with a line down the block; they turned me away. Probably best they did the pre-reserve this time but it sounds like the venue is too small!
campbellcj
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Apr 30 2017, 05:23 PM) *

Chris, please confirm with me for next Sunday 5.7.17 , as I will meet you for pick up in Hollywood at 7am, same addy as the Hollywood cruise-in's.
Call me this week at 818.5zero7.69three7 to confirm. You may also email me at tech@msdsinc.com
If I don't hear from you this week, we will drive straight to San Pedro from L.A.
ALSO, get your general admission ticket online...avoid the long lines at Luft.
Hope all is good ! Marty

Hi Marty,

I just left a VM on your shop phone w/ my cell # - I'm still up for carpooling if you are, and I can meet you wherever convenient. I do already have my admission ticket. Thanks again!

Chris
Maltese Falcon
Got your vm today Chris...all good, will meet at La Brea Sunset Plaza; check the addy' in my thread Hollywood Cruise-in. Anyone else wanting to caravan out to Luft 4...meet there between 7-730 am , Sunday 05.07.17
The show is getting bigger each year, coffee table Luft book already in print and for sale. Big dollar cars by invitation only in the main bldg. Divvy'd out spaces outside on the parking lot that will not hold enough of SoCals Radest (not to mention out of state attendees) air cool's.
Bigger venue next year ¿ idea.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Apr 15 2017, 04:48 PM) *

To bad for me.

Bob B
smash.gif

Dang it!!!! Happened to me too. Plan on a busy morning...lots of cars, and not too much space.

I plan on leaving No. OC @ 5:30AM (Near Beach / Orangethorpe) basically 5 @ 91 fwys
pete000
Wow, this came up fast !

I'm pre registered and will be in line around seven am I hope...

Not a long drive for me !
sb914
30 percent chance of rain.
pete000
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 3 2017, 01:46 PM) *

hissyfit.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 3 2017, 01:46 PM) *

The event planners have stated that this is a Rain or Shine gathering.
Last year at the gathering in Vernon, the rain let up overnight, and it was a gorgeous day.
I fabricated a trick magnetic / vinyl engine grill cover (keep the water out of the horiz fan and air filter) and brought it to protect these vulnerable engine components....never needed it. I won't need it this
Sunday tho sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.