Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's car is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
Seen this on-line!
Anyone here? Never seen this one before.I dig the mods on the fenders.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Catorse
It's Bruce Wayne's.
mbseto
Looks like he's raked the windshield a bit.
Front yard mechanic
Holy cow batman has a teener?
infraredcalvin
Not my cup of tea... barf.gif

That front end is familiar...
infraredcalvin
Ah-ha!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=211977

Starting at post 10,maybe TC knows something about it. Your image looks like a before picture, I hope they didn't wreck the gulf paint job for that...
Larmo63
It does bear a resemblance to the #82 Gulf car. No roll bar set up, no hood pins or electric shut off switch on the cowl.
Rand
Looks cool until you get to the front of the doors. The whole front end isn't my taste on a teener. But we all have opinions. Gotta appreciate the work. Well, except the sloppy gaping holes at the back of the rear flares. Figure it's a WIP though.
sb914
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 15 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Looks cool until you get to the front of the doors. The whole front end isn't my taste on a teener. But we all have opinions. Gotta appreciate the work. Well, except the sloppy gaping holes at the back of the rear flares. Figure it's a WIP though.

Probably not finished with fab in these pics.
Mueller
The scoop on the roof ruins an otherwise cool modified 914.

I hope it has a killer /6 or V8 powering it.
Rand
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jan 15 2017, 03:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 15 2017, 02:47 PM) *

Probably not finished with fab in these pics.

Agreed. That's why I called it a WIP.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 15 2017, 05:30 PM) *

It does bear a resemblance to the #82 Gulf car.

agree.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
csdilligaf
Same wheels, body, fenders and windshield slant, I bet in black was an early picture before the roll cage and paint. It is sort of growing on me. Neat twist on using the factory turn signals on a slant nose job.
Andyrew
That black car IS the gulf car. No question, way to many design cues being the same and those rear fenders would be extremely difficult to replicate.

I really like the A pillar on that car. No side windows is a deal killer for me though.
Chris H.
Yep that's the same car. And look at that yellow thing next to it biggrin.gif. Is that the Zonker?
jasons
It's the same car. It's here in town somewhere or at least used to be. I've seen it one time in the old flamed paint. That pic of the Gulf version is from a "Cars And Coffee" in Scottsdale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.