Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge of Engman Kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amfab
Can someone tell me what is the gauge of steel used on the Engman/Maddog inner long and firewall stiffing kit.

TIA

-Andrew
tygaboy
I asked this question a while back and heard it's 16 gauge. The long stiffener, anyway. Not sure about the firewall.
Andyrew
Firewall is same gauge. 16ga is correct IIRC. Its 16 or 18. I would go 16.
amfab
Great, thank you!
I think Ill be ok with the Mayeur kit Im going to install (thnx Chris) since Im repairing/replacing all the weak/rusted stuff, but while I had it all apart I was thinking of putting a little something extra on the inside, across the bottom of the firewall to the corners and around the e-brake recess.

-Andrew
shoguneagle
I have the Brad Mayeur Kt installed on my car and could not be more pleased. I like it because it ties all car together. I also added the interior stress kit and I am also pleased with it. Not anywhere near a "flex flyer" and very stable. For my purposes does not crease too much metal to cause the car not to flex but does place a little more pressure on the suspension which is what I wanted and like.

All repairs were done prior to installation of the kits and very happy with the results. Cannot go wrong when dealing with Brad (gives very good and accurate advice/parts).
GeorgeRud
I also have Brad's kit on my conversion car, and it's quite stiff. I'm sure the Engman Kit would certainly add more stiffness, but I'm not sure you need both.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.