Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
I know there are several people on this board with experience shipping cars. I need info on teh cheapest way to ship a car from Santa Rosa to San Diego
Brando
Did you sell the yellow one with Blue Rivs?
Joe Bob
http://www.shipvehicles.com/
nocones
I'm in Santa Rosa. What'd ya buy?

Michael
74' 914/8
Brad Roberts
I leave from the SF bay area next Tuesday morning for LA. Let me know if I can help. Your looking at 300.00$ if I drag it down on my flatbed trailer. I can pick it up Monday.

B
ben1440
Would there be anyway you would be able to get to santa rosa for the pick up? You would be picking up this bad boy
Brad Roberts
I can pick it up Monday

Feels weird quoting myself.. laugh.gif

I can pick it up on Sunday also..if need be or if it makes it easier.

Basically.. he/somebody will be paying for all my gas. That means picking it up and taking it down. Truck takes about 60$ to fill it up. One tank from here to Santa Rosa and figure 3 total to South LA.

B
sean_v8_914
thanks Brad, you Da man

Ben, that is dirt cheap at only $150 each. call me tomorrow night after the AX (6:30)
Leo Imperial
After all the shit you gave me about the color of my car... chair.gif
I think it grew on you. wub.gif Chick magnet.
Hey if the rear trunk is in good shape I'm looking for one in that color.
neo914-6
Sean, you had some cars listed for sale and now you're buying this one? Are you becoming the SoCAL CCAMPSEAN? laugh.gif
sean_v8_914
I own 5 914s...whats one more?

I think I sold teh yeller that I took to WCC. That deal is comming together nicely and teh blue is sold also. Now I need to replenish teh herd. I even fired up teh v8 car today. it was in Mothballs for a few months
boxstr
Leo, I happen to have a blue car that you might like. This is a rust free, 74 with stock 1.8, extremely clean car, obvious it needs paint from front and rear fender damage, and repairs.
I couldn't pass this car up it was so nice and drives great.
Let me know if interested.
CCLINOLYMPICBLUE
ben1440
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 29 2005, 01:47 PM)
I can pick it up Monday

Feels weird quoting myself.. laugh.gif

I can pick it up on Sunday also..if need be or if it makes it easier.

Basically.. he/somebody will be paying for all my gas. That means picking it up and taking it down. Truck takes about 60$ to fill it up. One tank from here to Santa Rosa and figure 3 total to South LA.

B

any sign up brad lately? Just wondering if you are still up for picking up the car monday.
Brad Roberts
I can get it Monday, but I need to talk with Sean about the delivery time. I personally would like to push it out until Mid next week. I need to be back here in the bay area quickly and I cant burn a weekend staying in Diego. I would want to do it during the week with a co-driver.

B
ben1440
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 1 2005, 02:44 PM)
I can get it Monday, but I need to talk with Sean about the delivery time. I personally would like to push it out until Mid next week. I need to be back here in the bay area quickly and I cant burn a weekend staying in Diego. I would want to do it during the week with a co-driver.

B

That is fine. I pm'd seans cell to you so you can coordinate with him for delivery. For pickup tomorrow, is 6pm or later ok? If not we can work something out but thats about when i am off of work
Brad Roberts
I have a meeting at 3:30 pm that I have to attend in Palo Alto Monday. When does it HAVE to be out of your garage ?

Here is what I personally need to do while in that general vicinity:

I need to take a tub by the Napa DMV before I pick up your tub. This means: I do that before I come to your place. I'll leave Tues. morning at 9am for SoCal. I'll return Wed. night late. I could do what I need to do during the day and time it so I end up at your place around 6pm after leaving Napa next Friday.

Let me know if that works.
ben1440
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ May 1 2005, 02:58 PM)
I could do what I need to do during the day and time it so I end up at your place around 6pm after leaving Napa next Friday.

I am confused huh.gif When you say monday, you mean as in tomorrow right? if you were to pick up the car tomorrow, the car wouldnt really need to be there until the end of the week if that made a difference. the quoted part is what confuses me
Brad Roberts
I want to wait until Friday IF it doesnt bother you.

If the car has to be out of there tomorrow night... then I'll be there late in the evening.

I'm trying not to make two trips to that area without getting my shit done.

B
ben1440
gotcha, well then i will have to talk to sean and see if he doesnt mind. It doesnt matter to me really so if we wait till friday and it makes things work out better for you and sean doesnt have a problem with that, perfect!
sean_v8_914
im cool with that. you can drop it off at bondos house in Lake forest instead of tripping the extra 100 miles to SD.
perhaps a phone conversation would be best to cement the deal. thanks, Sean M
ben1440
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ May 1 2005, 04:17 PM)
im cool with that. you can drop it off at bondos house in Lake forest instead of tripping the extra 100 miles to SD.
perhaps a phone conversation would be best to cement the deal. thanks, Sean M

I agree. i feel there has been a lack of communication in the last few days. sorry everyone has to see this spamish stuff but all other methods of communication are not working at this point. sorry if i sound mad because i am not, lets just get some more dialogue going so we can "seal the deal."--strong bad.
Brad Roberts
Relax gang. I'm still in. I'll pick it up THIS Friday night. I didnt get a PM with Seans number.

B
ben1440
good to hear, I will pm you our cell numbers again right now. post back here if you dont get it.
Brad Roberts
Actually.. I wont be calling anyone. Have him/you call me. I'll send a PM back.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.