Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How are you securing your rear deck lid?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
naro914
We've run into a bit of a dilemma...because of the uprights and the wing, we can't use the normal hinge and latch. Previously, we had tabs on the front of the deck lid that slid into slots we cut in the "firewall" between engine/rear trunk compartments and still used the rear latch. However, we cut the firewall down so the slots aren't there, now the front has nothing to attached to.

If you are NOT using the hinges, how are you securing the rear deck lid?

Pics if you have them...

Thanks!
Krieger
Hey Bob. I'm not sure what you have left in terms of sheet metal, but I do not use the front hinges. I use the rear latch and no wing. My steel lid tilts back. These metal brackets slide right underneath the side vent grill. I glued some rubber pads on top of the brackets to keep them tight to the grill area. Hope this helpsClick to view attachment
naro914
Thanks Andy. That's kinda what we have now but it's more a solid "tab" vs a boxed bracket. For whatever reason, I guess the decklid moves around because the rear latch won't hold....it wiggles itself free. Though there's a part of me that thinks it's a problem with the latch being worn out....
Cory M
2 pins in the front corners and 2 terry springs on the back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.