Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust stud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Question from Barry Sr. Are the threads on the exhaust studs the same on both ends? On some studs they are different and I don't want to damage the threads on the heads that are missing some studs. I may try some 8X1.25 bolts since I have no studs available.

Thanks
TravisNeff
I don't remember the sizes off the top of my head, but you can get stepped studs for oversized into the head and stepped back down on the exchanger. so, stock is the same size and there is an oversized available. I always got mine at a VW type shop locally.
Brad Roberts
Buy some new studs Barry (pleasure meeting you and your son at the WCC BTW)

The stock ones are M8X1.25 on both ends. Any local VW shop should have them or choose from one of our many vendors.

B
Cap'n Krusty
Actually, VW shops are unlikely to have them 'cause they're a weird length. I buy mine from Porsche, that way I get the right length and the right heat treating. The Cap'n
scotty914
barry jr there is a vw rabbit stud that is perfect, should have it at your flaps
JB 914
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 29 2005, 02:44 PM)
Question from Barry Sr. Are the threads on the exhaust studs the same on both ends? On some studs they are different and I don't want to damage the threads on the heads that are missing some studs. I may try some 8X1.25 bolts since I have no studs available.

Thanks

They were different size on mine (2.0L heads) I got them from a VW place. When i go to the VW place i always have to tell them for a type 4 VW Bus. otherwise they say they don't have it blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.