Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a connector identified
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914GT
Can someone identify what this connector is for? Breaks out under the dash near the temp. controls. Not sure what year harness this is, but different than a 74 or a 76. Maybe for the emissions check light? Thanks for any help!
mihai914
Should be for the "Fasten Seat Belt" light.

Mihai
Brad Roberts
Seat belt light or EGR light. Probably EGR for 75/76 cars.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE (mihai914 @ Apr 29 2005, 03:06 PM)
Should be for the "Fasten Seat Belt" light

agree.gif connector for the "Fasten Seat Belt" light on the dash ...

wink.gif Andy
914GT
But the seat belt light only has two male spade terminals on the back. Why would a light need four wires? And the harness has no seat belt interlock relay for under the seat.

What year did the California models require emissions controls?
TravisNeff
looks like the seat belt light to me.
914GT
Well, I tried it but there's no way the seat belt light will mate with this connector. Or else there's a 4-wire version of the light on some years. Here's another clue - a couple of the wires (yellow and gray/brown) go out into the engine compartment. I'm thinking this is emissions on a pre-74 Cal. car., before seat belt interlock.
Brad Roberts
I think you nailed it. Different years.. different lights. I'm betting the 74 and up cars have a multi wire light.

B
Aaron Cox
MattR and i pulled his lightoff his 74 today and it is EXACTLY as you pictured where as my LATE 73 had 2 wires going to it
914GT
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 29 2005, 04:36 PM)
I think you nailed it. Different years.. different lights. I'm betting the 74 and up cars have a multi wire light.

B

OK... you may be right. And someone chopped all the interlock relay stuff off. No evidence of it though. The big yellow wire for the starter went from the switch all the way out to the engine compartment.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914GT @ Apr 29 2005, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 29 2005, 04:36 PM)

B

OK... you may be right. And someone chopped all the interlock relay stuff off. No evidence of it though. The big yellow wire for the starter went from the switch all the way out to the engine compartment.

ironically, mattr's car had no evidence of the big relay under the seat....

the harness was stock, and the big yellow wire never left the harness confused24.gif

wierd....
914GT
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 29 2005, 04:38 PM)
MattR and i pulled his lightoff his 74 today and it is EXACTLY as you pictured where as my LATE 73 had 2 wires going to it

I'm positive my 74 has the 2-wire light but with the seat belt interlock crap under the passenger seat. So late 74 they dropped the interlock and went to a simpler circuit which utilized a 4-wire light? Just when you think you've learned about everything on these cars you find out something else.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914GT @ Apr 29 2005, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 29 2005, 04:38 PM)

I'm positive my 74 has the 2-wire light but with the seat belt interlock crap under the passenger seat. So late 74 they dropped the interlock and went to a simpler circuit which utilized a 4-wire light? Just when you think you've learned about everything on these cars you find out something else.

early 74 had 2 wire...and late 74 and on had 4 wire and lost the interlock stuff?
weeerd wink.gif
william harris
My 74 VIN # 1970 has the two wire with simple spade connectors. I know because I have been getting real up close and personal with the wiring harness lately. Bowlsby, you did a great job cleaning and repairing. smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.