Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 916 tribute
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Nice looking car built by Patrick Motorsports for sale....reminds me of Rob Dickinson's work with the Singer 911. Not cheap.....$125K.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US

Krieger
Great looking car! The seat are too high or too big though.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Cal @ Jan 16 2017, 07:18 PM) *

Not cheap.....$125K.

$125. Reserve Not Met.

I have seen this car in person. It is truly exceptionally nice. Top quality all the way.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Being that today is MLK day. . . . . I have a dream . . . that whoever ultimately purchases this car will actually drive it. . . . at it's potential.
Mueller
hmmm, I wonder if he'd swap out the fugly 916 bumpers for some nice chrome bumpers?

Car must be a blast to drive! I love the interior.
GeorgeRud
Great build. I'd like to see more pics of the other details on the car.
JmuRiz
nicely done rollcage, I like how it goes into the dash and hugs the a-pillars
Andyrew
125K and they didnt bother getting a NICE front bumper... They custom fit the sides really well, but Damn it if they didnt get the pug nose bumper.
Coondog
Just saw this car a couple weeks ago. To bad my fat bootyshake.gif could not fit in those seats....
rgalla9146
Beautiful. Except.....
Change the seats, way too big and bulky.
916 bumpers ? no thanks.
Love to see the AC compressor install. Dash / evap. looks very good
No time wasted on muffler hangars.
Love the roof.

sfrenck
Wouldn't be much of a 916 tribute without 916 bumpers
Chris H.
Top notch build. The hard top looks so nice on a 914.

Anyone else having a problem with the 17" wheels?

hide.gif

JmuRiz
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jan 17 2017, 09:32 AM) *

...Anyone else having a problem with the 17" wheels?

hide.gif

IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
I'll take those 17"s smile.gif
Cal
IMO, the 17's look good on this 914 build......similar look to the Singer.
pete000
Not a fan of late model seats in early cars as nice as they are...Singer makes a nice retro sport seat that look really good...
pbanders
Cracker
There is allot going on here...hidden and integrated so well. I am also not a fan of the over sized, modern seats but I really (really!) like the integrated roll bar - on a hot-rod scale! This is simply a hot rod - nothing else so there are no real right or wrongs here - just whims of the original customer who stroked the check. I'd change things but very little and the quality that PM puts out is almost hard to compare/compete against. Odd the last picture they show in the listing has a fat-ass man bending over talking to the driver - not so subtle "subliminal" message? i now - not nice.

PS: The wheels, on this type of build, suit me just fine. beerchug.gif

T
turnaround89
Why does the lower dash portion not have the vents? Is this a very early style lower dash or is it modified?

I really like how clean the lower dash looks without the vent holes and am thinking about attempting that in my car.
mepstein
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 25 2017, 08:03 AM) *

Why does the lower dash portion not have the vents? Is this a very early style lower dash or is it modified?

I really like how clean the lower dash looks without the vent holes and am thinking about attempting that in my car.

It looks to me like they left off the lower dash pad and substituted the a/c unit.
rhodyguy
Almost looks like the whole facia is a one off affair. The silver over red is striking, but the seats and door cards? Not so much.
amfab
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Jan 25 2017, 05:03 AM) *

I would guess that the late style lower dash vents wouldn't work with the roll cage bar coming down right where the back of the vents would be.
My 914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 17 2017, 12:08 PM) *

Beautiful. Except.....
916 bumpers ? no thanks.
Love the roof.

I agree. I think a 914 or 911 style seat would look better, especially with red trim or stitching. Would contrast nicely with the red dash and door panels.
VaccaRabite
Building a 916 clone without 916 bumpers would be kinda like building a 914-6 clone but keeping it a -4.

Zach
Steve
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jan 17 2017, 09:08 AM) *

Beautiful. Except.....
916 bumpers ? no thanks.
Love the roof.

Check out there web site and look under projects. Nice pictures of the build. You will notice a hole in the firewall for the compressor. This will most likely reduce seat travel for tall drivers. And yes it would no longer be a 916 tribute if you change the bumpers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.