Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New owner/member...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Detroit
Greetings, all.
I bought myself a '74 914 1.8 over the holiday! As a mate of mine said, I've thrown some kraut in with all the pasta.
Anyway, I'll no doubt be spending plenty of time here until I get the car sorted to my liking, so I figured I'd say, hi.
Anything you site moderators request of new owners regarding vehicle tracking, etc.?... I'm happy to contribute if able.Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
welcome.png
altitude411
welcome.png

Nice looking car. Is it really pink? shades.gif Looks to be in fine company.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Hey terrific beginning. Looking forward to seeing more pictures too.
Big Len
Welcome and best of luck.
jmill

I think I saw your garage in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Looks like you filled the gaping Chasm to prevent another mishap.

welcome.png
gcrotvik
Welcome. Love the wall art!
Detroit
"Is it really pink? "

Giggle... Nah, that's the lighting. It's orange.
And that actually brings up a question. The selling ad claimed it to be Signal Orange. The paint code say's it's Phoenix Red. The car has been repainted, but it's this color everywhere. I can't find any other paint color on it. So, the question... Is Phoenix Red really, well, orange?
Detroit
The garage is the nicest room in the house. And not just because of the furniture...
Bulldog9
welcome.png

However I feel it is my duty to tell you that you will not be fully welcomed until you have allowed an undisclosed number of members to drive the 'pasta' car ;-)
altitude411
QUOTE(Detroit @ Jan 17 2017, 05:51 PM) *

"Is it really pink? "

Giggle... Nah, that's the lighting. It's orange.
And that actually brings up a question. The selling ad claimed it to be Signal Orange. The paint code say's it's Phoenix Red. The car has been repainted, but it's this color everywhere. I can't find any other paint color on it. So, the question... Is Phoenix Red really, well, orange?

nope. look under the cowl
76-914
welcome.png
timothy_nd28
welcome.png
Gmanscott55
Welcome. Great Wall art and toys. Lot's of automotive brain trust here.
JawjaPorsche
Welcome the Madness! You came to the right place!
bandjoey
Great looking set of cars! And your wall art is super. welcome.png
Coondog
Put a 3.6 in that puppy so you can out run your Ferrari.
Camaro Mike
Greetings! Love what you've done with the place.
iwanta914-6
Beautiful! Where did you find it?
ndfrigi
Welcome to 914world!
horizontally-opposed
welcome.png

Great cars, bikes, and garage! Way cool.

Saw a Phoenix Red 1974 914 2.0 that was low miles and totally original paint still with its original owner. And it was DEFINITELY orange, not red, to these eyes.
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Rand
Altitude needs a new monitor. Or he's color blind. poke.gif tongue.gif beerchug.gif I'm not seeing pink in that orange. (But the lighting is casting a hue on it. Share a pic in the sunshine.)

Welcome to the madness. It's satisfying.

PS, love the Duc. What's behind it? (I was going to guess Ninja, but...)
altitude411
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 17 2017, 08:27 PM) *

Altitude needs a new monitor.

LOL If you have read my computer thread in the sandbox then you know I'm about to light this POS on fire! dry.gif
green914
welcome.png
Dave_Darling
"Phoenix Red" is an orange color. I'm not sure it can be distinguished from Signal Orange, in fact.

We have a VIN database under the "914 Info" link in the upper-right corner. You might find some previous sighting, or a previous owner, of your car already there! smile.gif

That's optional though. The only mandatory thing is to be interested in 914s. And we love pictures, but again that's not mandatory. smile.gif

Welcome to the World!

--DD
altitude411
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 17 2017, 09:19 PM) *

"Phoenix Red" is an orange color. I'm not sure it can be distinguished from Signal Orange, in fact.

--DD

confused24.gif

Phoenix Red L32K
Click to view attachment

Signal Orange L20E
Click to view attachment
Rand
Feeling nostalgic? Here's a throwback thread from 2005:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=39488
PanelBilly
Great group here... well except for a few of the ileterates

Wellcumm
whitetwinturbo
Man Cave Alert! drunk.gif

2 Italians and only 1 german WTF.gif

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 17 2017, 08:19 PM) *

Quite easily distinguished.

While Phoenix Red has some orange in it, it's more towards the red side.
Signal Orange is just that, a whole lot of O.R.A.N.G.E.

shades.gif
Frankvw
Welcome. Good luck with the 914!
You are obviously already 'into cars' but the 914 has its own little secrets that this group can help you with. International group as well...a litlle bit of everything....like your garage !
Detroit
Thanks for the welcome!...

The second bike is a 750 Paso, and on the other (workshop) side of the garage I have an Alpha GTV awaiting my attention. So, four Italians and one German.

I'll get a few shots of the Porsche in the sun when it comes out - probably sometime in May. As there seems to be an interest in the Mediterranean side of the stable, however, I'll throw a couple of those in to tide you all over... Click to view attachment
jmill
I loved my Alfa. The GTV was among my favorites. There seemed to be a perfect gear for every corner. Without work, the 914 trans will leave you less impressed.
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Looks like a very nice example. Hope our enjoy it. red914.jpg
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Konrad
BillC
agree.gif

Welcome!

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.