Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concours Weenie alert - refinished steel wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
For all you weenies out there, just got my set of stock wheels re-finished at Harvey Weidman's in Oroville. Harvey does great work, takes his time and is a bit pricey but well worth it. The attention to detail is incredible. If visitiing him you should take a look at his collection of Porsche wheels - wow! Wish I had my camera; seemed like every Fuchs imaginable with a huge variety of finishes being worked on. Saw a very nice set of Mahle "Gasburners" he is working on - could not believe how light they were! I understand he gets work from as far away as Germany.
cobra914
hehe, nice steel wheels, I did a a couple sets like that as well before I had my mahles. No shop though sad.gif Yep, just a compressor, and my sand blasting pack, then I just went over it with silver paint, turned out great, huge difference from the before. mueba.gif I like
kermit
Tom,

I didn't know you had a 914! Nice wheels, ready for concours - but what's up with the Kumho tires???? laugh.gif I don't believe they came with Korean OEM tires...

carreraguy
Hey Howard!

Yeah, when I bought the car in LA it had old rubber and the only 165/15's I could find locally on short notice for the drive up here were the Kumhos. Dunno, what's the "correct" tire to use?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.