Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GRM1964
Can somebody tell me what this is? It came out of my 1973 914 parts car. I thought it was a foot rest, but I am not so sure. It was under the carpet in the middle/passenger side of the car. Thanks in advance for setting me straight.

Bill sad.gif
Bleyseng
It is the passengers footrest foam thingy. It flattens out the footwell so the passenger has a flat surface to put their feet. The 75-76 cars have a little recess that the cat counter resides in.
Geoff
GRM1964
Geoff;

Thanks for the reply! Someone told me it was a footrest, but all of the footrests I have seen were more of a block with carpet on them. Thanks for verifying it for me!

Bill

smile.gif
Dave Cawdrey
Maybe not a "rest" so to speak. More of a "brace yourself kinda thingy". Help keep you in your seat, no "oh shit" handles! blink.gif
GRM1964
Korijo;

Thanks for the clarification!

Bill

wink.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(GRM1964 @ Jan 31 2003, 07:11 PM)
Geoff;

Thanks for the reply! Someone told me it was a footrest, but all of the footrests I have seen were more of a block with carpet on them. Thanks for verifying it for me!

Bill

smile.gif

You're thinking of the earliest cars, which did have that separate "block" thingie. From 73 or maybe 73 onwards, that foam gizmo filled the space under the wooden floorboard on the passenger side. At least I think there was a wooden floorboard...my car has a gutted interior now, and sometimes I mix up the 914 and 911 details :cursor:
Chris H.
No you're right on that Chris. The '70-'71 cars had a fixed passenger seat and you adjusted the footrest. Ah, German Engineering! I didn't have anything wooden on top of my foam thingy, but hey, it's 28 years old....

Hey Bill, where in Illinois is Riverton?

Chris H.
'75 1.8L L-Jet
GRM1964
Chris;

I am 5 minutes outside of Springfield. Where abouts are you?

Bill blink.gif
Chris H.
Right about where 1-55 and I-80 meet. I used to live in Bloomington a while back.

Chris
GRM1964
Chris;

That is about 2 1/2 hours or so from me. If you guys have a club or any get togethers up that way let me know, I will try to come up, I like hooking up with 914 people wink.gif Talk to you later.

Bill
Chris H.
Absolutely Bill. You'll have to wait until the thaw, but there are a few of us up this way. I'll keep in touch.

Talk to you later,

Chris
GRM1964
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Feb 1 2003, 07:30 PM)
Absolutely Bill. You'll have to wait until the thaw, but there are a few of us up this way. I'll keep in touch.

Talk to you later,

Chris

Sounds good! Look forward to hearing from you this Spring!

Bill

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.