Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heading in a new direction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
I am looking for a set of 914-6 headers as my theory of turning around a set of 911 headers works on one side, but not both.......... sheeplove.gif Anything out there FS? Or sources in addition to Bursch. beerchug.gif
sixaddict
size IS important ...What are you looking for
1 1/2
1 5/8
1 3/4
Really should be sized to engine

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jan 18 2017, 09:30 AM) *

I am looking for a set of 914-6 headers as my theory of turning around a set of 911 headers works on one side, but not both.......... sheeplove.gif Anything out there FS? Or sources in addition to Bursch. beerchug.gif

Steve
Best for the price is MSDS. He also gives a 914 discount. He has an ad in the member vendor section. For a 3.0 you should run 1 5/8"
I ran his headers and muffler back in the day with my 2.7. Sounded awesome!!! Marty no longer makes the mufflers.
Blue6
agree.gif very pleased with their headers...and he's local for p/u
koozy
List price on the MSDS is $130 more than the Bursch and I don't see any advantage. I don't know how much of a discount the folks at MSDS give but if it is over $130 I would consider it. If not, I see no reason to spend the extra dough.

Also, I would do some studying about which headers will work best for your application/desires before settling in on a size.
forrestkhaag
Thanks to all for the input.

This is a close-to-final item to resolve. I talked to Bursch in Pasadena and they make a set for around 6 bills. Any of the sizes are available and this is a build-to-suit and they recommend 1&5/8 for a 3.0 with carbs - As Steve's experience accounts for.

Now to go rob another bank...................... headbang.gif
mb911
I see heat in your future Forrest. biggrin.gif

sixaddict
I recently bought set of Bursch through Ecklers and they did not fit......Bursch was playing games with " did you do this and that " ...send pictures of why not ........etc etc etc
I finally told Ecklers I bought from them and it was up to them to handle and not pass off Bursch's BS on me....
Net result is Ecklers treated me right and took back......While I understand manufactured products can always be "wrong " it is how the company resolves the problem that makes it a good or bad supplier. As far as I am concerned Bursch F'd me around so my dollars wont go there again.
MY 2 cents
dry.gif
mepstein
One huge reason among many that I would choose msds. Marty -the owner, is a member here and has always done right for world members.
Larmo63
agree.gif
PancakePorsche
+1 for MSDS
Running Marty's 1.625" on my 2.7
forrestkhaag
Thanks for the insight fellas. I am now understand you have to watch out for folks that sell ill fitting headers......... and seats lol-2.gif beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(turbonet @ Jan 21 2017, 12:49 AM) *

Those look like jury rigged 911 headers.
larryM
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Jan 19 2017, 04:30 PM) *

I recently bought set of Bursch through Ecklers and they did not fit......Bursch was playing games with " did you do this and that " ...send pictures of why not ........etc etc etc
dry.gif

as i recall - Stoddard's had similar poor-fit problem when they intro'd their new heat exchangers a couple yrs back - last i heard, they fixed it

anybody looking to buy - here is a set i have FS that do fit - jet-hot coated, "euro length" - 1-5/8 - (got 'em from Byron a couple yrs ago & gave up on race-car project)

Click to view attachment
larryM
cross link to this
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...er-options.html

guys - here is the solution to adapter stubs to match various "short" headers to a stock 914/6 or 911 muffler position

inquiry & several other current running posts by Haag on World & Pelican caused me to search for an answer this morn

- one can buy the Porsche exhaust flanges from SPD http://www.spdexhaust.com/ImportB.html

PO617121 1.50”
PO617122 1.63”
PO617123 1.75”
Air Cooled Opposed 6 cyl. 1964-1998 911 914-6

problems solved
forrestkhaag
I could be interested if it is a headers only deal / and for what cost if it is? Thanks for the post

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.