Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Blairscsa
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. i am purchasing a very used 914 6. It has a set of old Panasport wheels and I would like to find a set of Fuchs for the car. Can anyone tell me what size the original Fuch wheels were? Were the fronts and reas differenct sizes? I thank you in advance for any help. Ron
napasteve
5.5"x14"; same front and back
Frankvw
Hi Ron, welcome to the forum. If you have time, please upload a pic from your 'very used 914-6', it would be cool to see what you bought !
Good luck with the build !
Blairscsa
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jan 19 2017, 08:23 AM) *

5.5"x14"; same front and back

Nice to meet you Frank. I will get the car in a month and it will be a project. I will post pics as soon as it gets here.
exultant1
QUOTE(Blairscsa @ Jan 19 2017, 07:08 AM) *

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. i am purchasing a very used 914 6. It has a set of old Panasport wheels and I would like to find a set of Fuchs for the car. Can anyone tell me what size the original Fuch wheels were? Were the fronts and reas differenct sizes? I thank you in advance for any help. Ron

I have some rare Original Mahle Gas Burners from a 1970 914-6....let me know if you are interested.Click to view attachment
amfab
I was under the impression that 15 x 6 was also an option. Was that a dealer thing and the 14 x 5.5 was the factory Fuchs option?
Blue6
Ron, welcome.png ... Good (and expensive) way to start your addiction. Inventory your car, shop the 914world classifieds, and remember to hit 914 swap meets. You can hang out with other addicts, and buy good $hit.
napasteve
Seems the 15x6 Fuchs were available on the 911 cars in 1970. I'll bet someone put them on a 914-6 back then. I think Mahle Gas Burners were 15x6. If you want originality, 14x5.5 is the way to go. If you want more tire choices, 15" or 16" is the way to go.

Welcome to the madness....
914forme
Ron, Panasports, lets see a picture or two please. I might be interested in a purchase or trade.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Hi Ron - Welcome to the addiction. Definitely post up some pics and your VIN if you don't mind.

Yeah the Sixes came with the 14" 5.5 as the optional wheel when new- steelie, Fuchs and gas burners were the choice. The 15" x 6" was not an option from the factory. However, a lot of owners upgraded to the deep six wheel and it makes a nice improvement visually and performance wise as it allows a bit more tire and better sizing options - though the sizing options re tires...not so much any more.
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Unobtanium-inc
Let me know if you need 14" FUCHS, I have dozens. welcome.png
Optimusglen
holy crap ^^^^^

aktion035.gif

Do you have any 15" Compomotive Fuchs in the 7" variety?
Mark Henry
Unless it's an original concours /6 I would go for the 15" X 6" or even 16".

CIP1 has repop 17" X 6" fuchs for a good price.
Blairscsa
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jan 20 2017, 07:21 AM) *

holy crap ^^^^^

aktion035.gif

Do you have any 15" Compomotive Fuchs in the 7" variety?

If the 15 x 6 wheels will fit I can see that would be the way to go. thanks for your input.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 20 2017, 07:50 AM) *
Unless it's an original concours /6 I would go for the 15" X 6" or even 16".

agree.gif The tire selection for 14s is just about nil for anything other than rock-hard "lasts 150,000 miles" econobox tires. The selection in 15s is a little better, 16s is better still.

I'd suggest going with the 17s, but I really do not like the look of the 17" windmill wheels. sad.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.