Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weird wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
ok so. Since ive owned my 914 my turn signals haven't worked at night (running lights on), if i pull the hazards, the switch stays illuminated red no flashing. the minute i turn off the running lights it works perfect, turn signals included. two days ago my turn signal randomly stop workin (day and night), hazards included (the hazards light still stays illuminated when the lights are turned on though). Ive tried figuring it out prior but to no avail. Any ideas?
IronHillRestorations
Probably a relay, or the wrong relay
falcor75
Take the fuse panel down and check the relays and their connections would be my first guess.
914dave
I agree. Relay problem.
Beebo Kanelle
Check all you ground connections too!
tazz9924
Which relay would it be also where are the ground connections for it
Dave_Darling
The flasher relay is one of the ones on top of the fuse panel. It is usually a square, as opposed to the standard round relays. Double-check the wire colors running to it versus the wiring diagram to make sure you've got the right part.

The fact that the flashers work with the parking lights off but not with them on makes me think that the turn signal buckets (either front or rear or both) are wired incorrectly. If the parking light power were switched for the ground, for instance, you could get behavior like that.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.