Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Of apples and trees...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
So our youngest graduated both high school and got a two year degree last June. He was then admitted to a prestigious school in Manhatten with a partial scholarship.

I was under the impression that he was going to study art and design. He surprised me with this from one of his intro classes.

I wasn't even aware that he liked cars for any other purpose than travel. One of his classmates is a German girl who's father is the lead interior designer for Bugatti. You may have read an article about him on the Porsche website...

He says "Dad! Send me obsolete parts to scan!." Ok. I'll see what I can do... biggrin.gif
Tom_T
Well Rob - Automotive Design IS one of the design disciplines! biggrin.gif

Lucky you! Ask him if he can also use the school's 3D printer to print them out in usable form & materials.

I know that they've done that at the Art Center School of Design's Automotive Design Dept. here in Pasadena.

Congratz on your son's progress! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
zach914v8
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 20 2017, 11:17 AM) *

So our youngest graduated both high school and got a two year degree last June. He was then admitted to a prestigious school in Manhatten with a partial scholarship.

I was under the impression that he was going to study art and design. He surprised me with this from one of his intro classes.

I wasn't even aware that he liked cars for any other purpose than travel. One of his classmates is a German girl who's father is the lead interior designer for Bugatti. You may have read an article about him on the Porsche website...

He says "Dad! Send me obsolete parts to scan!." Ok. I'll see what I can do... biggrin.gif

Man, that is awesome. I wish I had that talent. Have him draw up some plans for some billet hubs!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(zach914v8 @ Jan 20 2017, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 20 2017, 11:17 AM) *

Man, that is awesome. I wish I had that talent. Have him draw up some plans for some billet hubs!

Billet hubs have been done. Talk to Mueller on this site.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 20 2017, 02:25 PM) *

Well Rob - Automotive Design IS one of the design disciplines! biggrin.gif

Lucky you! Ask him if he can also use the school's 3D printer to print them out in usable form & materials.

I know that they've done that at the Art Center School of Design's Automotive Design Dept. here in Pasadena.

Congratz on your son's progress! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

He can use the 3D printer. I guess it's huge!
zach914v8

Billet hubs have been done. Talk to Mueller on this site.

I know, the billet hub reference was my attempt at a joke, from the 4 lug thread. post-2-1117899824.gif
Dion
That's awesome Rob. Congrats you raised him well! Heheh
Seriously. That's very cool. Reason to be proud.
Kids are always full of surprises.
EdwardBlume
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

New York huh?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 20 2017, 03:43 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

New York huh?

Yup... it's been 5 days and momma hasn't stopped crying. Just so you know what to expect Rob! sad.gif
Dave_Darling
Have you gotten the "F**K IT'S COLD HERE I WANNA COME HOME WHERE IT'S WARM" phone call yet? wink.gif

--DD
Mueller
Awesome job raising the kid Rob!

I know you cannot take all the credit smile.gif

ConeDodger
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 20 2017, 04:48 PM) *

Have you gotten the "F**K IT'S COLD HERE I WANNA COME HOME WHERE IT'S WARM" phone call yet? wink.gif

--DD

Haha Dave. Remember, we live in Nevada so it's actually warmer there! evilgrin.gif
6freak
maybe some billit valve covers! top and bottom for a flat 6
mepstein
Congrats!
jim_hoyland
Congratulations Rob ! What a terrific surprise smile.gif BTW: There's also a Manhatten Kanses ???
rick 918-S
Oh.... There is this German girl... biggrin.gif That's how the best stories start.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 20 2017, 08:04 PM) *

Congratulations Rob ! What a terrific surprise smile.gif BTW: There's also a Manhatten Kanses ???

Well I can assure you Jim, he's not at Leavenworth... evilgrin.gif
Porschef
I think Jim's referring to the spelling... dry.gif

Congratulations, Columbia is a great school. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.