Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
what order do all the pieces go on?a diagram anyone? and not for now, but later, what is a good aftermarket tranny mount? Thanks everyone
CptTripps
I won a set of the Wevo mounts at WCC. SWEET stuff...I can't wait to get them on. When I *DO* change them out, I'll take pics of how I pull everything off, and post here if you want.
grasshopper
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 30 2005, 10:45 AM)
When I *DO* change them out, I'll take pics of how I pull everything off, and post here if you want.

that would be great! thanks
Bleyseng
Just use the 911 engine mounts as they fit with a bit of ovaling on the bolt holes.
anthony
And the "sport" version of the 911 engine mounts are a little cheaper. I just replaced mine. Pretty easy job.
Aaron Cox
im young....

i went with delrin-ish style solid mounts biggrin.gif
dont bother me none wink.gif
URY914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 30 2005, 02:23 PM)
im young....

i went with delrin-ish style solid mounts biggrin.gif
dont bother me none wink.gif

Smart guy, Aaron beerchug.gif

Paul
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (URY914 @ Apr 30 2005, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 30 2005, 02:23 PM)
im young....

i went with delrin-ish style solid mounts  :D
dont bother me none  ;)

Smart guy, Aaron beerchug.gif

Paul

thx again paul,

happy to buy parts second hand....in this case, 'race proven' biggrin.gif
TMorr
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 30 2005, 10:45 AM)
I won a set of the Wevo mounts at WCC. SWEET stuff...I can't wait to get them on. When I *DO* change them out, I'll take pics of how I pull everything off, and post here if you want.

Doug thats great, hope you like them. Look forward to seeing the pics.
Who won the other pair?

Tracey
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 30 2005, 10:28 AM)
what order do all the pieces go on?a diagram anyone?

Check Haynes. The pics in the first section of the tail-shift outboard motor mount bar mountings should give you a decent idea. The lower-left pic on p. 18 (unlabeled in my copy), pic 1.10. a) "Engine mountings,". There are also pics of the transmission mounts, e.g., 1.10. b) "Transmission mountings" and 5.18 "Transmission mounting".

On top of the ear, the curvy metal washer sits. The notch goes over the ear. The rubber part of the mount sits on the curvy metal washer. The flat metal part with the bent-up edges goes on top of that, then I think a washer and then the bolt-head.

Under the ear, you get the great big thick metal washer, and the nut.

--DD
Brad Roberts
Who won the other pair?

Yeah.. who won the other pair ?

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.