Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rare 911/914 third Brake Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
STL914
The rare 914 third brake light has been found and is now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33716

I asked the seller from what type of car it actually came from and I was told a '73 914. He doesn't have a clue what he's selling.

It's the same light that Mark, Engman, sells in the classifieds.
Unclerichy
Geez, seven people actually bid on it..............
ewdysar
Looks like a least one bulb is burned out... biggrin.gif

Eric
Tom73
That is the C4 Corvettes third brake light (used from '86 till '92) that mounted on the top of the hatch on the Vette. Someone here had a stock of them and had them for sale.

tom...
mk114
I bought one off ebay for 37.00(inc. shipping)

Hehehehehehehehe

But I knew what I was buying

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7966563864

Bill Shaw
Just added a 3rd brake light this weekend and used Demick's thread on Rennlist to install it under the targa bar. Got the light from my FLAPS for $25.50. Took about 2 hours to install (most of which was trying to get the damn trim off without damage so I could run the wires behind it).

Just looked out the window and -- it's snowing! God howI love Michigan weather! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Brando
Someone at WCC had a thrid brake light...

What's the point? If someone doesn't see the other two brake lights they're obviously not looking or paying attention at all.
Air_Cooled_Nut
It was mandated as an attempt to reduce rear-end collisions. It didn't make one iota of a difference. I think they should be required only on vehicles that have a single bulb used for turn signals and brakes, like those older American trucks. Man I hate those!
Eric_Shea
I kinda think they're a good idea for a teener.

I don't know how many times I've heard someone say they had gotten rear ended in a teener. One guy ditched his teener because he got rear ended 3x. He was sure the car was jinxed. I was always looking in the RV mirror. blink.gif

It's a low car in a tall car world. I think the best location is under the roll hoop where Bill "Snowigander" Shaw put it. As high up as you can get it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.