Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something dumb im working on...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
I was given a road sign for free. My mind works very fast all the time, and so naturally i decided to start making a splitter for my 914. Before you all say: "Hey tazz your dumb Road signs are nowhere near strong enough for a front splitter." To that i say ive though of that. On tuesday im getting four splitter support rods and ive riveted more metal on the underside of the cutting edge of the splitter. Its pretty strong, and it makes me smile! All in $50Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Too bad you can't put it in the rear.

That's really where you need more downforce ...
shades.gif
ConeDodger
Do you know a guy named Trekkor? av-943.gif lol-2.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2017, 02:14 PM) *

Too bad you can't put it in the rear.

That's really where you need more downforce ...
shades.gif

I have a non street sign idea for that!
tazz9924
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 22 2017, 02:17 PM) *

Should I?! If he makes junk with junk like i do i probably should!
SirAndy

It's only funny because it's true ...
biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Krieger

Yeah, stay away from Home Depot's 914 section!
Unobtanium-inc
Road signs go well with Porsche, and a good reminder of the speed limit...
ConeDodger
Trekkor is a very handy guy who built a splitter out of plywood and fiberglass. I'd guess 85 pounds??? We love him but he's a character!
tazz9924
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 23 2017, 01:58 PM) *

Trekkor is a very handy guy who built a splitter out of plywood and fiberglass. I'd guess 85 pounds??? We love him but he's a character!

85lbs of weight or down force? if its weight my street signs are gonna give him a run for his money. also dont knock the plywood!
SirAndy
We love him but he's a character!

He gets most of his 914 parts from Home Depot ...
aktion035.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jan 23 2017, 03:33 PM) *

85lbs of weight or down force? if its weight my street signs are gonna give him a run for his money. also dont knock the plywood!

BOTH! biggrin.gif

My favorite is his brake cooling ducts with PVC

He's still an active racer but he's been doing Lemons racing for many years now.

Splitter looks interesting, If its a track car more power to you! If its a street car I have a feeling the cops with hassle you.
tazz9924
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 23 2017, 03:53 PM) *

BOTH! biggrin.gif

He's still an active racer but he's been doing Lemons racing for many years now.

Splitter looks interesting, If its a track car more power to you! If its a street car I have a feeling the cops with hassle you.

why would they hassle me? i didn't steal the sign, not that they know that i guess
forrestkhaag
The beauty of a 914 is that you can do anything you want to do with it.

As a prior owner of a variety of LaDeDa Porsches, I can safely say that it is hard to devalue a Porsche that starts out with little comparative value to most others with the same moniker. Not Samille,,,,

So have at it / creative alteration is inspired insanity. We all learn from it.

The purist hate your ass. I say go for it. Punch holes where light has never shown.

beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
The beauty of a 914 is that you can do anything you want to do with it.

As a prior owner of a variety of LaDeDa Porsches, I can safely say that it is hard to devalue a Porsche that starts out with little comparative value to most others with the same moniker. Not Samille,,,,

So have at it / creative alteration is inspired insanity. We all learn from it.

The purist hate your ass. I say go for it. Punch holes where light has never shown.

beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
Just do it.
forrestkhaag
By the way, to save $ for my 914, I was dumpster diving for firewood (stickers) for a cracking blaze in our cottage tonight. I refuse to deplete the 914 budget verses for firewood... aktion035.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jan 23 2017, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 23 2017, 03:53 PM) *

BOTH! biggrin.gif

why would they hassle me? i didn't steal the sign, not that they know that i guess

Pedestrian safety? I would not want to run into that. smile.gif

-- brett
zach914v8
This was one of Trekkors inventions I always got a kick out of....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I don't know if it ever made it on his car but I always thought it was cool.
tazz9924
QUOTE(zach914v8 @ Jan 23 2017, 06:55 PM) *

This was one of Trekkors inventions I always got a kick out of....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I don't know if it ever made it on his car but I always thought it was cool.

that is awesome
tazz9924
Bump cuz i added new photos!
zach914v8
You planing on painting it, or just gonna roll out with a reflective road sign? blink.gif
rhodyguy
Saw you on driving on 72nd yesterday. A bright, copper colored 914 with flares is pretty hard to miss.

He must be getting the cooling and electrical issues sorted out.
tazz9924
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2017, 07:41 AM) *

Saw you on driving on 72nd yesterday. A bright, copper colored 914 with flares is pretty hard to miss.

He must be getting the cooling and electrical issues sorted out.

yep, didn't fix electrical tho. rocking the hand signals aktion035.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(zach914v8 @ Jan 25 2017, 07:23 AM) *

You planing on painting it, or just gonna roll out with a reflective road sign? blink.gif

haven't decided, ur car looks scarily similar to mine, minus the damaged flare.
zach914v8
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jan 25 2017, 11:17 AM) *

I was looking at your hood, I was like damn, maybe I have a twin out there... post of a whole car pic, I would like to see em next to each other... here is my shit box...

Click to view attachment
tazz9924
QUOTE(zach914v8 @ Jan 25 2017, 09:42 AM) *

I was looking at your hood, I was like damn, maybe I have a twin out there... post of a whole car pic, I would like to see em next to each other... here is my shit box...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
umm yeah this is weird
zach914v8
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jan 25 2017, 12:13 PM) *

QUOTE(zach914v8 @ Jan 25 2017, 09:42 AM) *

umm yeah this is weird

wow, wtf? I must say you have great taste! lol
SirAndy
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jan 25 2017, 10:13 AM) *
umm yeah this is weird

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.