Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metro Detroit shop recomendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Detroit
So, the syncros in my gear box are on their way out. I know of several VW/Porsche specific shops in the Detroit area, as well as pure trans outfits, but are there any that have a particularly good reputation for rebuilding these transaxles?
I should include Grand Rapids in that area as the two hour drive is easy peasy.

Many thanks...
ConeDodger
Grand Rapids. Original Customs. McMark here on the board. I don't think you'd find many who wouldn't recommend him. He's working on one of my transmissions right now (915).
Detroit
Thanks, Dodger. I suspected he may get a few votes. Hence my specific inclusion of GR.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Detroit @ Jan 23 2017, 02:28 PM) *

Thanks, Dodger. I suspected he may get a few votes. Hence my specific inclusion of GR.

He was a big loss to us in Northern California. He's done restorations on cars as far away as New Zealand. In fact, my car will go there soon.
Mark Henry
I could do it, US dollar goes farther in Canada, but I'm a good 5 hours from Detroit. smile.gif
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Detroit @ Jan 23 2017, 11:43 AM) *

So, the syncros in my gear box are on their way out. I know of several VW/Porsche specific shops in the Detroit area, as well as pure trans outfits, but are there any that have a particularly good reputation for rebuilding these transaxles?
I should include Grand Rapids in that area as the two hour drive is easy peasy.

Many thanks...

There's always Dr Evil in Washington Courthouse Ohio. You can ship it to him. He did mine good job all around
Harpo
I'm in Metro Detroit and I will only take my car to McMark. If you are considering someone in metro Detroit I will give you my opinion via PM

David

Detroit
Thanks, boys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.