Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: relay board wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
As my car came part stripped and incomplete the put back together process is throwing up allsorts.

I bought a relay board from camp 914 and then discovered a previous owner had chopped the fixing brackets out. I made new ones and fitted them today. When connecting the largest loom connector i found a wire had been spliced and another part soldered to it. The wire cut is the black with red stripe.

I can't read wiring diagrams but i have found numerous postings on the web about jumpers needed for the fuel pump usually.

Can someone tell me what the black/red wire is for? When i get to fit and start the engine in the future i can then see what the board is like.
porschetub
I'am presuming that's the 14pin connector,this wire is pin #13 which is the fuel pump,where is that wire going ? most likely a jumper wire,be aware this could be unfused or bypassing the relay.....not good practice.
Go to the tech section on here to find out,also visit Bowlsby.net tech section for further info,very helpful resource .
JFG
Thanks for the advice.

I can actually understand those diagrams fairly well. beerchug.gif
pbanders
That's an ugly splice. Whatever the PO did there, you need to fix it better than that! Let us know what you do.
JFG
You think that's bad. I've only looked at the botched join under tha passenger seat, the front trunk wiring and the relay board connector.

It defies physics as to how this car never caught fire.

Still it's all fun and games finding these things!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.