Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big Thanks to Martin Baker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
I got up this morning and washed the 914. I decided to take it for a ride and before you know it I was accross the Yolo Causeway. I called Martin and sure enough he was home working on the new 2 liter daily driver so I headed in his direction. When I got there Martin could not stand the fact that my idle still is around 2K so he pulls off my throttle body and replaces it with one he has on hand. Much better. Then he notices that my cold start injector has regular fuel line and a loose clamp!!! blink.gif We headed to NAPA for 2 feet of injector hose and that is taken care of. clap.gif Well you would think Martin would go back into the phone booth and change out of his Superman suit but nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! He smells fuel. We jack up the car and sure enough there is a puddle under the front by the FP. He pulls the cover and there are the soaked cloth covered lines dripping fuel everywhere. Snip snip clamp clamp. Another problem taken care of. All of that and Allison made lunch!!! Martin and Allison are the greatest. Stern is pretty cool too.

Car runs much better. Big public thanks to Martin Baker. Ex-Aviation mechanic and all round cool 914 dude. Funny thing is all I wanted to do was say hi and see his new 2 liter daily driver...

My ride with the old Western Wheels, now shod with Fuchs....
Porsche Rescue
What's with the "ex-aviation mechanic"? What 's he doing now to support his habit? Last I saw him he was not too thrilled with his job (boss actually). What did I miss? Decide to become a cop with Alison?
ConeDodger
Martin starts his new job with Genentech next week. Regular hours. Predictible pay. He looks and sounds like a much happier guy.

Rob
Porsche Rescue
Good to hear he found a better option. Thanks
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
Martin Baker
Eric_Shea
Well... I guess that answers the question "How many Martin Baker's can you fit in a 914 front trunk?"

Martin, you're a gem smilie_pokal.gif

Both cars are beautious wub.gif
Alison Baker
Robbie, FUCK YOU you Fucking KUNT...
Porsche Rescue
Congrats, wish I could be there. Do you get to look at maggots and stuff like on TV?
Martin Baker
skline
It looks very nice, I am sure you will work your magic on it and have it ready for a concourse event in no time. Congrats on the new purchase.
Alison Baker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.