Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "The Type 4 Store" engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
I don't understand exactly what comes with the engine kits from this site, and are they assembled, or do you put it together. Also, are they set up for carbs, or injection?
Gearren
I am talking about the engines by jake.
Bleyseng
Kits are just that, a set of parts set up and already to be assembled by you. rocking nana.gif
Gearren
thanks
ChrisFoley
At least get the title right if you are talking about The Type 4 Store, not to be confused with Type 4 Parts.
The Type 4 Store is Jake Raby's parts outlet in Georgia.
He has a well organized small warehouse of new, used and reconditioned T4 engine stuff, including complete engine kits. If you can't find the information you are looking for on the website give them a call or drop them an email.

Type 4 Parts is Steve Stromberg's place in California.
My only direct experience with him was when he worked at Pelican Parts. When I had a problem with an order and he was my contact he NEVER replied to my messages.
Also he emailed me with his PP email acct asking about dealer pricing for my Tangerine headers. At the time I thought he was doing it for PP but I'm pretty sure now that it was something he was looking to do on the side. I don't like the way he operates.
william harris
If you want the real deal go with Jake Raby, not the wanna be! Jake is the Type IV master. pray.gif
Jake Raby
Thanks guys!

Gearren, we really need to talk- that will stop your guessing about whats included..

My kits are available for injection or carbs.
redshift
The battle lines are drawn! Most of the west will now succeed the east to.. no.. wait... everyone living in the east will have to.. hold on a second..

We need a monster 914 engine build-off, Cheap-Meets-East, I get to keep both cars, and we film it on someone else's money, because I am not executive producer.. I am like.. Co-Executive Producer/Co-Writer, and it's produced my my company, MileSTone Ltd... and I get 93% of the back-end..

Deal!

M
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (redshift @ May 3 2005, 01:01 AM)
and I get 93% of the back-end..

How about 100%...
in the back end!

laugh.gif
ablose58
chairfall.gif chairfall.gif monkeydance.gif laugh.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ May 2 2005, 05:45 AM)
At least get the title right if you are talking about The Type 4 Store, not to be confused with Type 4 Parts.
The Type 4 Store is Jake Raby's parts outlet in Georgia.
He has a well organized small warehouse of new, used and reconditioned T4 engine stuff, including complete engine kits. If you can't find the information you are looking for on the website give them a call or drop them an email.

Type 4 Parts is Steve Stromberg's place in California.
My only direct experience with him was when he worked at Pelican Parts. When I had a problem with an order and he was my contact he NEVER replied to my messages.
Also he emailed me with his PP email acct asking about dealer pricing for my Tangerine headers. At the time I thought he was doing it for PP but I'm pretty sure now that it was something he was looking to do on the side. I don't like the way he operates.

I took the liberty of editing the title for clarity.
TJB/914
Man, I love a "Cat" fight.

As the CptTripps said "pull up a lounge chair & feel the love" or something like that.

Tom
fatlando
I'm an Ass! I was looking for an engine/kit for under or around 2K and steve sent me an email, and I thought it was Jake.

These Two should change names because i was confused and now i feel like a burned a bridge without knowing who i was talking too!

fat lando
have 2k and not the know how what to do....maybe i'll get a paint job!
redshift
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ May 3 2005, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (redshift @ May 3 2005, 01:01 AM)
and I get 93% of the back-end..

How about 100%...
in the back end!

laugh.gif

You push a hard bargain.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.