Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: BRACKET'S FOR LE SPOILER
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Wayne
Click to view attachment

Hoping someone out there can help me out. I finally found an OE LE Spoiler but it didn't come with the 2- Mounting brackets

Thanks everyone
87m491
Easy enough to fab, not much to them, other than the creases are at slightly odd angles.

QUOTE(Wayne @ Jan 25 2017, 10:30 AM) *

Hoping someone out there can help me out. I finally found an OE LE Spoiler but it didn't come with the 2- Mounting brackets

Thanks everyone

IPB Image

IPB Image
Wayne
[quote name='87m491' date='Jan 25 2017, 04:53 PM' post='2448003']
Easy enough to fab, not much to them, other than the creases are at slightly odd angles.

Yes that's the plan if I cant find someone with these laying around
yeahmag
My aftermarket, fiberglass LE spoiler mounts right to the bumper and the body. Is that no the correct way to mount it?
Wayne
Click to view attachmentI'm mounting an OE Spoiler on my 74 LE and there's 2 brackets that mount it up. I will try and add a Pic but if it doesn't work send me a PM with your email and i'll send it to you

Thanks , Wayne

Mike Fitton
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 26 2017, 08:41 AM) *

My aftermarket, fiberglass LE spoiler mounts right to the bumper and the body. Is that no the correct way to mount it?

There is a reason why yours is an aftermarket one.
914Sixer
Real LE spoiler brackets are NLA.
87m491
Pretty damn sure an "original" mounts right to the bumper and body as well...
IPB Image

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 26 2017, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jan 26 2017, 08:41 AM) *

There is a reason why yours is an aftermarket one.

914werke
I think the brkt itself isnt to complex but the hardware is specific.
You might note on the OE spoiler the hole The "bolt" passes through is square.
The slotted end is the spoiler side & the slot dimension allows the sqr shoulder some fore/aft location.
The carriage bolt fastener shoulder is square to fit through both.
something like this:
914werke
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jan 27 2017, 05:54 AM) *

IPB Image

It doesn't mount to the bumper at all.
JeffBowlsby
Someone needs to fab these. biggrin.gif

Wayne
Hey Jeff those 2- in your Pic will work just fine piratenanner.gif I'll take um sunglasses.gif
87m491
Fair enough, I meant, and I suspect the OP on the topic meant his mounted to bulkhead (and fender) behind the bumper. My overall point of he has a replica LE, chances are it mounts exactly like the OE piece did.

[/quote]

It doesn't mount to the bumper at all.
[/quote]
87m491
I'll jump into the breach again. I believe pick posted above shows the slotted end mounting to the under body, which seems appropriate as the shorter length from the kink doesn't look long enough for it to clear the bracket cover. Also the suspension side bolt is like twice the size of the spoiler bolt bolt and I'm guessing it wouldn't go through the smaller hole.

IPB Image

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 27 2017, 06:22 AM) *

I think the brkt itself isnt to complex but the hardware is specific.
You might note on the OE spoiler the hole The "bolt" passes through is square.
The slotted end is the spoiler side & the slot dimension allows the sqr shoulder some fore/aft location.
The carriage bolt fastener shoulder is square to fit through both.
something like this:
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jan 27 2017, 07:54 AM) *

Edit - never mind already covered above.
914werke
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jan 27 2017, 01:49 PM) *

I'll jump into the breach again. I believe pick posted above shows the slotted end mounting to the under body, which seems appropriate as the shorter length from the kink doesn't look long enough for it to clear the bracket cover. Also the suspension side bolt is like twice the size of the spoiler bolt bolt and I'm guessing it wouldn't go through the smaller hole.

You may be correct. Its been some time since I installed mine and I just remember carriage bolt fitment thru the spoiler smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.