Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy mega-crap! RUF is coming HERE!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
Alois Ruf, Jr., a master Porsche innovator from Germany, will bring two examples of Porsche automobiles to the Hearst Lecture scheduled for 4 p.m. Friday, May 6. The Porsches will be on display near the Berg Gallery, Architecture and Environmental Design Building. The lecture will take place in the nearby Rotunda. Ruf will share his perspective on design, innovation and creativity. His visit to campus from Germany is sponsored by alumnus Mark Haselton of Continental Concrete Structures Inc. For more information, go to http://www.rufautocentre.com/index.asp).

I'm getting there early to get a good seat. smile.gif
drew365
I met him once at the Virginia City Hillclimb in about '91. He came up to me to say how much he liked my car (my italian job not my 914). He was a very nice guy. One of his best customers was running in the hillclimb and then going to run the Pikes Pike the following weekend and he was tagging along to help. I guess you have to spend big bucks to get factory support like that.
redshift
Dood... 'Italian job'?

BRAG DAMNIT!

M
bondo
Saw RUF today, it was a packed house. He's a cool guy, very nice speaker. He talked about what RUF does and why.

After the talk was a question and answer period next to 3 of the RUF cars. He liked my shirt (WCC 05 shirt) and immediatly pointed me towards someone who "would like that shirt". It turned out to be Freeman Thomas, co-founder of R-gruppe. Freeman said he likes both the fours and the sixes, and would like to get himself a 914. I of course told him to check out 914world.com. smile.gif

Here's some pics..

Yellowbird:
bondo
All three:
bondo
Business end:
bondo
Alois Ruf:
bondo
It happens to the best of 'em:
bondo
Oh, and he showed us 10 minutes of a soon to be released RUF dvd. It's very cool, and the part he showed told the story of a 901 (911 prototype car, number 37 I think) that he found in Auto-trader in the US! (What's the deal with Porsche prototypes showing up HERE?)
9146R
Mr Ruf will be speaking at the buffet dinner hosted by our very own Redwood Region at the Infineon IRL races in August - he will show the DVD there as well I believe. Also, saw the R Gruppe cars at the Monterey races last weekend "Marquee Madness" event at Seca. REALLY nice 911's, friendly guys...but their website makes it clear the gruppe is not accepting new members and ass draggers only...oh well.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (bondo @ May 6 2005, 09:48 PM)
Oh, and he showed us 10 minutes of a soon to be released RUF dvd. It's very cool, and the part he showed told the story of a 901 (911 prototype car, number 37 I think) that he found in Auto-trader in the US! (What's the deal with Porsche prototypes showing up HERE?)

Let's hope it has a clear title....
anthony
Are those customer cars?? Do they still make the CTR? I thought the new cars were 996/997 based:

user posted image

user posted image
i love porsche
those arent new cars,

the yellowbird was a huge landmark car for Ruf, the first of the ctr, and the one behind it is the CTR2, based off the 993, now they make the Rturbo, the 997 turbo, and does anyone know if they still do the 3600S based off the boxster?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.