Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Engine 6405428
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
cdill
Selling 914/6 Engine # 6405428 this engine was in a 912 that I purchased. I can only assume that the heater exchangers and engine tin is either 912 or 911. Prior to taking the engine out of the car I changed the oil and disconnected the fuel lines and the engine turns over and does not make any unusual noises. I am selling this in AS IS condition as I do not know of the actual condition of the internals or any history.

I am asking $6,500 for the engine as seen in pictures. For those with serious interest I am happy to send the video of the engine turning over.

Please contact me via email at cdillonc@aol.com for faster response.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
sixaddict
I hope someone finds their "lost" engine here.
SixerJ
Well this is interesting and I know we shouldn't comment on sales but....

Engine number 6405428 is also currently for sale in Düsseldorf Germany. Same pictures, different price

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige...151072-223-2102

Either cdill in Denver is scamming a guy in Germany, or a German guy is scamming a guy in Denver, or German guy knows the guy in Denver and whoever sells the block 1st ships to the other party for onward shipment with markup (or loss)...or there is no engine at all

Cdill, I hope this is a genuine 1st sale, but it does look somewhat fishy shades.gif without further proof of ownership by say physical eyeball of the engine by a fellow member who is local to you
sixaddict
Lots of members in Dnver.....good eye UK
flyer86d
popcorn[1].gif

I almost was caught in a similar scam last spring. Somebody (the fellow had a German accent) glommed my Hemmings ad and pictures and "sold" my 911 to someone else. A transporter show up at my house to pick it up. It wasn't paid for so it stayed locked in the barn. The transporter called the fellow bought it and that's when he realized he had never spoken to me, he had been speaking to someone else. Then he told me that he had wired the full price to a bank account... I called the State Police and the FBI. I don't know what happened, if the buyer got his money back or they caught the guy with the German accent.
SixerJ
That eBay site is a German local gig, no way of purchasing via the site, you call up, email agree the deal and typically pick it up. Germans love cash sales, local pick up or direct transfer to their bank account

My experience with eBay proper in Germany is that many sellers like to avoid Paypal etc. Therefore your taking a risk and it comes down to genuine feedback, research and buyer beware etc. Personally I have never had a bad experience buying that way, but I'm sure there will be a 1st and last time

In Cdill defence would say however the garage door looks more like a US style door than a German door, I have German made doors fitted at home and looked at a fair few manufacturers before buying the one I did

US seller is also at least being semi reasonable with the (potential scam) $ value lol-2.gif . German dude is properly taking the piss with that price for what amounts to an unknown core
Blue6
popcorn[1].gif
Mark Henry
dp
Mark Henry
So how come the OP hasn't replied? confused24.gif

If it was me I'd be looking in on the ad daily and seeing this inviting a local member to come over and verify that he's indeed legit.

Cdill we're not assholes, well some of us are....but there's just too many scams going around.
We're careful, especially with a newbie seller and we watch out for our members.

Mike Fitton
Must have sold, German Ebay ad is gone.
bretth
If it was legit that engine looks like the car it was in took a nice hit too. Wonder if the block is cracked.
cdill
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Jan 26 2017, 03:35 PM) *

That eBay site is a German local gig, no way of purchasing via the site, you call up, email agree the deal and typically pick it up. Germans love cash sales, local pick up or direct transfer to their bank account

My experience with eBay proper in Germany is that many sellers like to avoid Paypal etc. Therefore your taking a risk and it comes down to genuine feedback, research and buyer beware etc. Personally I have never had a bad experience buying that way, but I'm sure there will be a 1st and last time

In Cdill defence would say however the garage door looks more like a US style door than a German door, I have German made doors fitted at home and looked at a fair few manufacturers before buying the one I did

US seller is also at least being semi reasonable with the (potential scam) $ value lol-2.gif . German dude is properly taking the piss with that price for what amounts to an unknown core

Just to clear the air here... this is not a scam and the engine sold the day this ad was listed. I thought I priced it fair considering the unknown condition. I am not very active here on the 914 forum and simply was waiting for my money and the shipper to pick up The engine before I posted the engine sold. I had three people interested immediately and sold to the first person who was also the first to pay me. I am mostly on Pelican where you can see I have and sell a lot of parts with zero negative response or relation to scams
DRPHIL914
congratulations, and thanks for giving us a chance at it, most of don't frequent the other sites much. Please list more of your parts here too!. we may be skeptical but it wont take long to establish a good reputation here. many members well known sellers I buy from with no worries . Hope to see more parts listed here , and im going to check out your sales on the bird board too. !! Welcome to world

QUOTE(cdill @ Feb 4 2017, 09:22 AM) *

QUOTE(SixerJ @ Jan 26 2017, 03:35 PM) *

Just to clear the air here... this is not a scam and the engine sold the day this ad was listed. I thought I priced it fair considering the unknown condition. I am not very active here on the 914 forum and simply was waiting for my money and the shipper to pick up The engine before I posted the engine sold. I had three people interested immediately and sold to the first person who was also the first to pay me. I am mostly on Pelican where you can see I have and sell a lot of parts with zero negative response or relation to scams

Kaeferfreund
Wow!

"I am asking $6,500 for the engine as seen in pictures."

Now for sale in Germany as said in ebay-Kleinanzeigen:
"Original Porsche 914/6 Motor 901/38 Selten!
Preis: 15.000 €"

That is strange. I'll have a look at it. I do not think that this engine could be sold for that high price here.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.