Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Max runout on pedrinis?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
Lots of numbers out there.
Most common seems to be 0.03" of runout for alloy wheels.
Anybody have any real world experience on what's too much?
And is it peak to leak, or from centerline?

Measured a couple and most are about 0.07" peak to peak.
Tbrown4x4
0.07" doesn't sound like very much to me. Your tires will probably have a lot more runout than that. Do you have a vibration or balancing problem?
VaccaRabite
same as above - whats the actual issue? Do they vibrate? Will they not balance? Or are you just being overly anal and trying to find the "perfect" wheels?

How many have you measured? 2? 4? 20?

Zach

BK911
Trying to find my best wheels to have refinished.
Don't want to pay to refinish a bent wheel.
Also don't want to pay to straighten a wheel that's not too bad.
Krieger
Why don't you try to give Al Reed or Harvey Weideman a call and find out what is acceptable? They are the wheel gurus.
914Sixer
Take them to the local tire shop and spin them. Most of the new equipment is digital and can measure the run out.
mb911
That seems like allot. My buddy owns a wheel manufacturing company and I know for there wheel they sell to the cup series there is max run out of .007 though those wheels maybe going a touch faster.
mb911
So I talked to my buddy yesterday when we met for a fish fry. He said .030-.060 Is an industry standard for road vehicles. He builds racing wheels and then the standard shrinks to as little as .007.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 26 2017, 09:31 AM) *

Why don't you try to give Al Reed or Harvey Weideman a call and find out what is acceptable? They are the wheel gurus.

agree.gif Or ask the place that is refinishing the wheels. They should know. Pedrini wheels are soft and are easy to bend. I think I would get the worst wheel to be no more than the runout of the best wheel before you refinish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.