Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5-bolt Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I love Fuchs with with the black inset cheer.gif
But for shits and giggles I threw a tire on one of my polished Fuchs... and damn!!!! wub.gif

Now I'm torn between the two, not to mention masking and painting them is a good long days work.

BTW Really the background is semi-polished as I planned on painting them.
Tires are 205/60-15, 6" fuchs on a narrow body. Close but clears without rolling the fenders. I have the caps.

unsure.gif So vote on which you like better! confused24.gif
beerchug.gif

Tburt52359
These are actually chromed. Bought them many years ago from guy I went HS with who had them on a ghia. I like the look, but sometimes think of getting them polished with black shadowing. Your rim looks good IMHO.
altitude411
love the polished spoke but only w/black inset. All chrome or polished cheapen the look IMHO.

Your running the best possible color on the car though Mark... first.gif
Chris914n6
Red background. Cause the 80's are making a comeback dancinnanner.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 26 2017, 10:43 PM) *

Red background. Cause the 80's are making a comeback dancinnanner.gif rock_band.gif monkeydance.gif

icon8.gif

Well at least you didn't say pink laugh.gif
Montreal914
Stay classic, never goes out of style and has been looking good for over 50 years.

Too much bling, well...
Krieger
I occasionally wrestle with how I'll finish my 16x6 Fuchs. My wheels look just like yours with polished padels and lips and the anodizing in the resseses. I think the black might look too big of a contrast. Fully polished does look good, but dated. I have thought about painting the resseses areas a metallic light silver, maybe even a matte silver. Subtle with a little bling.
madd_dogg_914
I am partial to polished, personally. I think yours would look great polished up. You can always plasti-dip the background of two, put them on one side, polished on the other, then you can make a more informed decision...
SixerJ
Sorry, but my vote is for the paint. Classic, sharp and makes the petals pop. Polished always reminds me of the bug guys for some reason

If you want to razzle it up why not consider colours other than black. I've seen gold petals used on a green GT and it looked sweet, Not convinced about pink though cheer.gif
ndfrigi
I like polished or chrome but I just stay with what I have. since my 6x15 with 205x60 tires which still look original combination with black.

Click to view attachment
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 26 2017, 07:46 PM) *

icon8.gif

Haven't you been paying attention? It's called RASBERRY biggrin.gif
HaraldD
Hello,

for me - anodized like original looks best to me.... smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Big Len
I think whether the bumpers are chrome or black has some bearing on your choice.

My car has black bumpers, so I thought black wheels would be a good choice, but once it was done, I was disgusted. Everyone else liked it, but I thought I ruined the look with too much black and took a good 2 months for me to come around, the whole time calculating the costs to change it back.

So the point is the bumpers may have some influence on your decision and give it time before doing anything. Leave it chrome and decide after several weeks whether to change it.

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Tburt52359 are you my twin.......... smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 27 2017, 03:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 26 2017, 07:46 PM) *

icon8.gif

Haven't you been paying attention? It's called RASBERRY biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

We had a guy in our VW club who painted his bug magenta. At the car shows every girl/woman that passed his car would go "Ohh...look at the pretty pink bug!"

And every time you could hear him muttering " It's not pink, it's Magenta".

lol-2.gif

Spoke
I couldn't vote for both as I like both. clear pedals give the wheels the classic early look while black pedals give them a later, more beast-mode look.

Click to view attachment

For my 930:

Click to view attachment
Porschef
Ok, I just voted. biggrin.gif

I'm with the painted inset crowd, it's probably the most recognized classic wheel out there. Never goes out of style, nope, never. drooley.gif

Len, your car looked good blacked out but to me it's a waste if you've got five luggers.
4 lugs, different story...

But c'mon Mark, you already knew the answer happy11.gif
mepstein
Painted background with anodized pedals and lip - classic. If you polish the pedals it's too 80's.
amfab
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 26 2017, 10:50 PM) *

I like polished or chrome but I just stay with what I have. since my 6x15 with 205x60 tires which still look original combination with black.

Click to view attachment

Looks fantastic!

Are those Flat 6s?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(amfab @ Jan 27 2017, 10:16 AM) *

Looks fantastic!

Are those Flat 6s?

yes sir!
EdwardBlume
voted...
krazykonrad
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Jan 27 2017, 01:04 AM) *

Hello,

for me - anodized like original looks best to me.... smile.gif
Click to view attachment

agree.gif
Mark Henry
If the inset does get painted the petals remain polished, that's why satin is not in the poll shades.gif

I want them to POP. smile.gif

Still on the fence, I could install them as is, I can easily paint the inset with the tires on. idea.gif
amfab
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jan 27 2017, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(amfab @ Jan 27 2017, 10:16 AM) *

Looks fantastic!

Are those Flat 6s?

yes sir!

On second thought, you are right, chrome would be much better for you on that car. They look terrible, you should get some chrome ones. I don't live far, I can help you out and come down and buy those from you.

-Andrew
mb911
I had polished on my last 6 conversion.. Loved it at the time now I would will go rsr look..
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 28 2017, 12:05 PM) *

.....now I would will go rsr look..

If you do don't do the fake rustoleum paint RSR hack, BTDT rolleyes.gif
Waste of a couple days work I'll never get back. dry.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 28 2017, 09:37 AM) *

What's your experience with glass beading wheels and then clearing over them? Half thought about that.. Though there is a anodizer just down the road. Maybe have him try.
Ian Stott
Black inset, such a timeless traditional look, the 4 bolt Fuchs look really nice all polished as well, but the 5 bolt gets the black inset nod for me. Boils down to what you like though, the purists will always vote traditionally, nothing wrong with that, but it is your car.

Ian
speed metal army
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
RSR finish is my favourite. These were blasted anodized etc. 16x 7 and 8's
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 28 2017, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 28 2017, 09:37 AM) *

What's your experience with glass beading wheels and then clearing over them? Half thought about that.. Though there is a anodizer just down the road. Maybe have him try.

I would have them anodized, clear on the petals is easily damaged IMHO.
Most run a polished lip on the RSR rim and I don't think the clear would stick well in the long term to polished aluminum.
Wax will work well on polished pedals, but unfinished bead blasted petals would look like poop PDQ from brake dust, etc.

If I was to go the faux painted RSR look I'd do the silver in powdercoat, but at the cost of PC why wouldn't you just get them anodized. confused24.gif
altitude411
speed metal army, your car is bad burro.gif

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.