Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight bucket wiring edge protectors Yes they are supposed to be there!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
This turned out to be more difficult than I thought to locate. There are some domestic sources, but they didn't fit right. The material I have fits nice and tight on the metal. It pushes on and stays nicely (which was the problem I was having with the others).

$4.88 for a set shipped reg mail (domestic) -Cal I owe you .12.

I bet most don't even know it was there or if it's missing!

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-...eywords=chafing

If you order alone it will not charge shipping. If you add in other goodies it will charge be we will adjust to actual costs less the shipping cost for this.
Thanks all

porbmw
Cool

Two sets, please!

Thanks,

Paul
Mikey914
Got them up on the site here-

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-...eywords=chafing

Thanks,
Mark
jim_hoyland
Received mine today; I'm have trouble finding the hole they are for ? Got a better pic of the location ?
914Next
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 4 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Received mine today; I'm have trouble finding the hole they are for ? Got a better pic of the location ?

Look under the tire board on both sides where there are two large holes; 0ne with the headlight wiring doing through it. You can see it a bit on the right hand side in one of the pics below.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Very nice
Jett
Thanks Mark... I am fortunate to restore a car at the same time as you smile.gif!

Purschased four, just in case smile.gif
Cal
Mark, I received the plastic wire protectors and they're too short by +/-3". Can you please check the proper length and send me a new pair.
Jeff
second wind
I gotta' have these!! Thanks for making them!! How about shipping them out a tad long and let the customer trim to fit? Then he can blame himself for cutting too short. Or whatever. Will order asap.
gg
Mikey914
I'll be double checking. Just in case what is the dia of the hole they are too short on. I want to make sure they are not 2 different hole sizes. I hate to throw out all that I've done if still usable.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2017, 03:49 PM) *
I'll be double checking. Just in case what is the dia of the hole they are too short on. I want to make sure they are not 2 different hole sizes. I hate to throw out all that I've done if still usable.

Your first pic of the hole in the blue car looks way too small ...
idea.gif
Mikey914
Yes it's a 75. I suspect there may be another early / late variation there too.
jim_hoyland
Mine are a little long, not a major problem; but I'm having a problem getting it to fit on the lip of the hole. The loom is still there...

** I'm a '75
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2017, 06:04 PM) *

Yes it's a 75. I suspect there may be another early / late variation there too.

'75/'76 have the bumper shocks which means the supports under the buckets are much narrower and have smaller holes.

'70-'74 have larger holes ...
shades.gif
Jett
Mark, I ordered four sets, but need two sets for 73 and two sets for 75 smile.gif

Btw. Invoice #: 0000008781

Thanks

QUOTE(Jett @ Feb 4 2017, 11:34 AM) *

Thanks Mark... I am fortunate to restore a car at the same time as you smile.gif!

Purschased four, just in case smile.gif
Cal
'70 - '74 need +/-9" long
'75 - '76 need +/-6" long
IMO.....you should add an extra +1" to each of these lengths so the owner can trim as needed.
McMark
YES!! Always wanted these, cause I'm a crazy CW.

There are enough little differences in the 75/76 cars that I don't think they're great for test-mules. I think a fairly original 70 car and a 73 car would be a great tax deduction for research. wink.gif
Mikey914
Looks like I need to do some more material, I'll have it available in another week.
Mark
Mikey914
Good news. We didn't get all of the material processed so we can adress the early/late variations tomorrow when im back in
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 6 2017, 01:57 PM) *

Good news. We didn't get all of the material processed so we can adress the early/late variations tomorrow when im back in

Any trick to get it to grab the lip ?
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 6 2017, 02:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 6 2017, 01:57 PM) *

Any trick to get it to grab the lip ?

It presses on.I used a handle on my hammer to push on.An round tupe like object should work fine.
Mark
Mikey914
Got some done up and will contact all to confirm. If you have a 74 or earlier you can PM me the last name and I'll get these out.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.