Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Say it ain't so Kevin...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Kevin Buckler and TRG to field a Pontiac GTO in the GrandAm.

xitspd
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andyrew
It better be freekin fast.... (ie win, win, win)

Or thats a discrace.
TimT
Yeap...

and also TRG didnt get an invitation from ACO to run Lemans this year...

They won Lemans justa few years ago, to getting non invites.... just what the heck is Racers Group doing?

I know first hand half a dozen people who have jumped ship..

hehe
URY914
I remember Kevien at the first PCA Clab Race at Sebring 10 tens ago. He had a rental truck and he and his wife were selling parts and running his almost-stock 911.

The guy's come a long way. I don't know his whole story but I give the guy credit for living a dream.

Paul
URY914
QUOTE (Sammy @ May 1 2005, 07:44 AM)
Racer's group won LeMans for one reason: Porsche let them.
Remember back, Alex Job racing (McKenna sponsored cars) was not entered in Le Mans that year.
Porsche lookled around and had to decide who would win, they picked Racers group. Porsche supplied the engines (warmed over big time), technical expertise in setting up the cars, and Porsche also sent their top factory drivers. How could they lose?
The next year Porsche switched their "unofficial" sponsorship to Alex Job and the racers' group hasn't sone squat since while the McKenna cars have won everything except the kitchen sink. If anyone thinks that Porsche doesn't sponsor Alex Job, think again.

Plus it is no secret that pontiac is throwing serious $$$ around in an attempt to buy the series and it is working. Kevin just wanted to cash in on some of that free money.
His Porsche racing team was steadily going down the toilet, this was a business decision.

Kinda tough on him arin't ya? rolleyes.gif

Don't you have to get to a postion to have "Porsche let them" win?

So winning the 24 hrs of Daytona OVERALL was Porsche's doing also?

Paul

URY914
NOW I agree with you. . wink.gif
He has to go where the money is. He has created a big money machine and he has to feed it cash. Pontiac has the cash. Racing is business.

Paul
seanery
I like it.
I've been toying with the idea of a GTO of my own, so this is kinda cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.