Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 16x7 Fuchs and Toyo R888R's :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RichPugh
The 16x6's I had on the car were (are) genuine Fuchs, et36 w/ 205/50-16 Falken tires all around. They looked pretty good but I've seen a few narrow body 914's on 7's and figured the Euromeister reps are an inexpensive set to try it out. I also asked a few people which tire size they ran on their 16x7's without modifying the rear fenders and I got mostly 195/45-16, 195/50-16 and 205/50-16... but I saw some pics of Chris Campbell's 914 on 16x7 w/ 205/45 Hoosiers and I fell in love. It sat SO perfectly. Deeper wheels w/ Meaty tires yet still small enough to fit under stock rear arches (with mild modification). So, I got some Toyo R888R's in 205/45-16 and had them mounted and balanced this morning, swapped them on and took it for a spirited loop around my neighborhood. I would like to lower the rear of my car a bit more to get the tire to just tuck but even coming in/out of my driveway (where the tire tucks up in the fender while on an angle), no contact. It was CLOSE like less than 2mm to the fender lip so I just put a towel between the tire and the fender and gently (but with some brute strength) pulled outward to give it a few more mm clearance. I think were good!

The one thing I'm bummed on it my factory Porsche center caps wont fit in the Euromeisters! Dangint...

Ignore the Barbie Dream House... wink.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
raynekat
Looking great!
tygaboy
Dang... Those look really nice! wub.gif
Vysoc
Nice Rig!!!! first.gif driving.gif

Vysoc flag.gif
BIGKAT_83
Looks really nice driving.gif
Midway
Cool, now I know exactly what my silver 914 will look like when it gets the same treatment - superb smile.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(RichPugh @ Jan 28 2017, 03:07 PM) *

Ignore the Barbie Dream House... wink.gif

Whatever relieves your stress...

beer.gif beer3.gif smoke.gif
Larmo63
Love the look, maybe try black lug nuts?

aktion035.gif
cali914
Very nice I am painting my 15x8 and swapping them for my cookie cutters in the rear. There is no replacement for a Fuch on a 914 or early 911. It is timeless.
RichPugh
Thanks ya'all. Yea I considered black nuts but I dont hate the silver yet, haha. I do need to finesse the center caps in!
Andyrew
Those are fun tires smile.gif
flat4guy
Good to know that 7's will fit all around - car looks great.
wes
Great looking all the way around!
dakotaewing
Car looks great!

Artic Silver or another variation?
Keith914
I have the same size Euromeisters, with 205x45xR16's Hancock tires. I had to "roll" the lips in with a baseball bat on the tires, and "pull" the rear fenders out a little to get close but enough clearance, then added 5 mm spacers on the front wheels for a better looking fit. Also, I had some original 911 hub caps which after some adjustment to the inner steel "cups" fit these wheels. I use 911 alloy wheel nuts after measuring and grinding the bolts shorter on my 5 lug conversion so as to ensure the bolts were not too long. Click to view attachment
RichPugh
QUOTE(Keith914 @ Jan 29 2017, 11:18 AM) *

I have the same size Euromeisters, with 205x45xR16's Hancock tires. I had to "roll" the lips in with a baseball bat on the tires, and "pull" the rear fenders out a little to get close but enough clearance, then added 5 mm spacers on the front wheels for a better looking fit. Also, I had some original 911 hub caps which after some adjustment to the inner steel "cups" fit these wheels. I use 911 alloy wheel nuts after measuring and grinding the bolts shorter on my 5 lug conversion so as to ensure the bolts were not too long. Click to view attachment

Damn, our cars are like twin sisters, haha. Yea I hear all kinds of variation for what people had to do to fit stuff in the rear. I've also been considering spacing the fronts 5-10mm or so. Would def sit more flush like the rear.
RichPugh
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jan 29 2017, 10:37 AM) *

Car looks great!

Artic Silver or another variation?

Just good ole optional Silver Metallic L96D.
raynekat
IT IS really weird that these companies doing the Fuchs replicas don't design them so they'll accept the factory center cap.
What are they thinking about? Really
RichPugh
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 30 2017, 04:12 AM) *

IT IS really weird that these companies doing the Fuchs replicas don't design them so they'll accept the factory center cap.
What are they thinking about? Really

Apparently the spec for the opening for the cap is correct but maybe its the paint thats keeping them from popping in? It's like a good 1mm too small though... Paint usually wouldnt keep it from even being started... maybe just make it too tight. I cant even get them started!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.