Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New additions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Got some new parts and installed them today. It wont be long now before this thing is ready to drive daily. Not that I will but it will be available. Took Jared for a ride in it today. Not too fast but nice short little bursts here and there. I like my new mirrors. They kind of finish the look of the car.
skline
Another angle
skline
Other side
skline
From the back
nine14cats
Scott,

Did you have to machine the base of those mirrors? I want to do something similar.

Thanks,

Bill P.
redshift
Did you ever see that SNL skit about the car made of clay?

Adobe! (bumper repair, elapsed time: 15 minutes)

Get some pictures in the sun, so we can see the dimples. biggrin.gif

M
skline
QUOTE (nine14cats @ May 1 2005, 12:05 AM)
Scott,

Did you have to machine the base of those mirrors? I want to do something similar.

Thanks,

Bill P.

No, the mounting was a lot different than I thought it would be. I had to drill 2 elongated holes up and down and one elongated hole sideways. The mount uses a round bar type nut to secure it to the door with an allen head screw from the top. Very strange if you ask me. I have another set here that mounts differently. It has a clamp type hook with the allen head bolt that draws it up to lock it to the door. Same mirror but different mounting. Maybe the ones I put on are the older style and the spare set I have is the newer type. Both are 911 but the set screw is different. They look the same from the outside.
skline
Oh, by the way, I will be selling the spare set if you are interested in them. The only thing they are missing is the base gaskets. PM me if you are interested. You can have them for what I paid for them.
skline
QUOTE (redshift @ May 1 2005, 12:07 AM)
Did you ever see that SNL skit about the car made of clay?

Adobe! (bumper repair, elapsed time: 15 minutes)

Get some pictures in the sun, so we can see the dimples. biggrin.gif

M

And what dimples would those be Miles? Here are some daytime shots, I dont see any dimples unless you are talking about the ones on the neighbors butt. Sorry, she wouldnt pose for that. rolleyes.gif
skline
Another shot, other side.
skline
Perhaps you wanted a little closer shots?
skline
Drivers side
skline
A nice front profile shot from the garage.
neo914-6
Looking good Scott! clap.gif
Brando
Looks great scott!
xitspd
It's looking good Scott! I look forward to seeing it again in person.

Dan cool.gif
Elliot_Cannon
When do you add the racing stripe? What color?
Cheers, Elliot
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ May 1 2005, 02:20 PM)
When do you add the racing stripe? What color?
Cheers, Elliot

You gonna circumcise it....or is it gonna go Kommando?
markb
What kind of measurements did you use to mount the mirrors? I'm just about to put a set on mine.
skline
QUOTE (markb @ May 1 2005, 03:34 PM)
What kind of measurements did you use to mount the mirrors? I'm just about to put a set on mine.

Funny you ask, the mirrors came on a parts car we picked apart on Friday which is why I now have a spare set. The drivers door was thrashed in the front and not usuable. The mirror was mounted on it and the passenger door was really nice and already had it mounted so I just installed the whole door and then mounted the one on the drivers door in the same location as the door I removed it from so they would match. If you need measurments, I can take some and post them. If it were me, installing them from scratch, I would have mounted them back a little more. But they look ok where they are at so I will just leave them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.