Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I have a 3 questions about the wiring harness. I am putting a '73 wiring harness into an early chassis.

There is a female connector brown wire up by the front headlight. What does it suppose to hook up?

There are 2 brown/wht stripe wires in the dash by the gauges with a plastic connector. Where does it hook up to?

The third picture has a couple of brown wires by the brake fluid reservoir. Where do the ground to?

Thanks,
Buck
JeffBowlsby
Hook everything else up and see what's left. That wire by the headlight does not look factory stock without looking further.

But I would only ask why use a harness from a different year than your chassis? Are you switching EVERYTHING else out especially from the dash - gauges, steering column, switches etc? Each model year has a different set of these things and a different harness to match, so they are not really interchangeable. Maybe you know this already?
buck toenges
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 29 2017, 07:30 PM) *

Hook everything else up and see what's left. That wire by the headlight does not look factory stock without looking further.

But I would only ask why use a harness from a different year than your chassis? Are you switching EVERYTHING else out especially from the dash - gauges, steering column, switches etc? Each model year has a different set of these things and a different harness to match, so they are not really interchangeable. Maybe you know this already?

Going with a 73 steering column.
Buck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.