Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Question: Where do 914 people hang out?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McLovin
Hey all,

Thought this question should be separate from my intro thread.

Where do you guys hang out? Especially in the North Florida/South Georgia area? I have heard about the "Octeener Fest" and that sounds really cool. But when you're not going to 914 events, do you find yourself hanging out more with the Porsche Clubs, or the VW clubs? I've seen 914s at the larger VW shows, but I've never gone to a Porsche club.

Where do you socialize face to face?

McLovin
jmill
Try looking for a cars and coffee meet in your area. If you like face time and meets you could even start one up yourself. There's lots of members in FL. Hopefully one of them will chime in.

welcome.png
Jamie
I've been hanging with my local Bluegrass Region PCA club here in central KY since buying Dad's Mistress in 2002, and what a great and welcoming group of P-car owners. I know of stories about some PCAers that might not be so accommodating with us 914 lovers, but do make the effort to check out your local PCA club for a start. I have been a club Director now for several years, and have also acquired 2 more P-cars as a result of that association, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! biggrin.gif
bandjoey
The poor house. beer.gif
Tires
Carb overhaul
LED headlights
Brakes
914Rubber
Etc. etc. etc
altitude411
The dollar store... when they are having a half price close out dry.gif

welcome.png
JmuRiz
On 914world...because our cars are in various states of disrepair biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
Okay do you know the secret password? You have to be like James Bond cool 007 maybe Man from U.N.C.L.E cool could be Get Smart or pink panther cool then and only then will someone let you know where 914ers hang out. welcome.png
McLovin
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jan 29 2017, 08:58 PM) *

Okay do you know the secret password? You have to be like James Bond cool 007 maybe Man from U.N.C.L.E cool could be Get Smart or pink panther cool then and only then will someone let you know where 914ers hang out. welcome.png

Is it, "hell hole"? lol-2.gif
GeorgeRud
In the garage under the car?
ConeDodger
Most of us hang out fairly close to a rest room due to age-related prostate problems... blink.gif
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 29 2017, 06:51 PM) *

Most of us hang out fairly close to a rest room due to age-related prostate problems... blink.gif

lol-2.gif
amfab
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 29 2017, 06:31 PM) *

+1
PlantMan
QUOTE(amfab @ Jan 30 2017, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 29 2017, 06:31 PM) *

+1

+2
Mueller
Check out your local PCA for sure.

1st time my wife and I went to a social gathering we were a little nervous since we only had a 914 and wasn't sure how receptive everyone would be to us.

Turns out everyone was very friendly and many of the higher end 911 owners either still have a 914 or owned one at one point.

Our local club has a very informal breakfast on Saturday mornings. I went to one a few months ago after being absent from the club for almost 7 years. Amazingly more of the half of the regulars I knew 7 years ago are still active and many remembered me once I reminded them I had hair back then!

Leaving car in driveway while working on it might attract a few Porsche people also in your neighborhood.
EdwardBlume
Its whatever you want. If you don't find what you are looking for... start it. aktion035.gif
IronHillRestorations
Out behind the VW shop smile.gif
AZBanks
Down by the street corner holding my, "Will work for 914 parts" sign.
flmont
You can also join your local PCA,They have a lot of outing's
IronHillRestorations
PCA is always a good resource for getting together with car enthusiasts, getting Porsche Panorama is nearly worth the price of membership alone.

You can always organize a local 914 event!
Steve
I'm spoiled!! A lot of us hang out at a Cars&Coffee that's 10 minutes from my house.
My car is barely warmed up when I get there. PCA for me was mainly other cars and I felt like I had nothing in common with them. Versus an all 914 gathering we have more to talk about, share parts and experiences.
RickS

Hysterical beer.gif
Steve
QUOTE(RickS @ Jan 30 2017, 07:22 PM) *

Hysterical beer.gif

beerchug.gif
I'm getting mine checked out tomorrow. Colonoscopy was last month.
Larmo63
My ass has a sign on it...

EXIT ONLY
Front yard mechanic
Harbor freight welder.gif
My 914
Our local cars and coffee group is made up mostly of 911 and 356 owners.
Steve
We have an updated Cars and Coffee thread with a "who's going tomorrow" to get local teeners to show up. Otherwise sometimes I'm the only 914 there.
Eric_Shea
Where do the Florida 914 guys hang out?

IPB Image
altitude411
^^^^^ eww... where is the eye bleach!! ^^^^^ barf.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2017, 06:41 PM) *

Where do the Florida 914 guys hang out?

IPB Image

blink.gif oy!
My 914
must be 914 guys in there!
RickS
You can tell they are 914 guys because they like driving with their tops off. I just grossed myself out. Ewwwwwwwwwwww
914_teener
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 30 2017, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(RickS @ Jan 30 2017, 07:22 PM) *

Hysterical beer.gif

beerchug.gif
I'm getting mine checked out tomorrow. Colonoscopy was last month.

Steve....I started a prostrate thread in the Sandbox a while back when I had my biopsy.

Sheesh....can't you use the search function?
daytona
I think McLovin has posted a good question.
Our local Porsche club KK has a good mixture of cars including 914s. But I have been to some KKs that there are no 914s in sight.
So here is an idea; I think it would be cool to have a Florida wide 914 get together where awe can meet and swap parts and such.
At the end of March there is a huge car show and swap meet at Daytona speedway (mostly Street rods and muscle cars but there are also some sports cars). We could all agree to get spaces together at the swap meet. This would allow us to get our cars in the swap meet field, display parts for sale and trade, and it could be our own car show swap meet within and car show. There are plenty of restaurants and hotels.

Disclaimer: I live in the Daytona beach area so I may sound bias to Daytona, but I would support such a get together anywhere else in Florida.

Comments???
McLovin
QUOTE(daytona @ Feb 1 2017, 08:09 AM) *

I think McLovin has posted a good question.
Our local Porsche club KK has a good mixture of cars including 914s. But I have been to some KKs that there are no 914s in sight.
So here is an idea; I think it would be cool to have a Florida wide 914 get together where awe can meet and swap parts and such.
At the end of March there is a huge car show and swap meet at Daytona speedway (mostly Street rods and muscle cars but there are also some sports cars). We could all agree to get spaces together at the swap meet. This would allow us to get our cars in the swap meet field, display parts for sale and trade, and it could be our own car show swap meet within and car show. There are plenty of restaurants and hotels.

Disclaimer: I live in the Daytona beach area so I may sound bias to Daytona, but I would support such a get together anywhere else in Florida.

Comments???

I think that's a great idea, and I'm definitely interested in going. I'm supposed to get my car in a few weeks, and if it's as road worthy as it's supposed to be, I'd like to go.

As for your "bias"...even if it is close to you, what I really like is that you're laying out a concrete plan...that's a great thing. Besides, except for the Miami area, it seems Daytona is fairly central to where the most 914 activity/sales seem to be in our state. That being said, a meet up at a Porsche or VW show (even a small one) might make more sense from the standpoint that there were be more cross-interest from the larger crowd. Got any of those in your area along the same time frame?

Can you start a thread in a get-together area and provide a link to that thread? Maybe with more info?

Mclovin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.