Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuild Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Jetsetsurfshop
I figured i'd start a rebuild thread. I'm not that far into it and have been taking photos here and there.
My car suffered a hit at Sebring and was pushed in a bit. It ended our day. We were doing really well up until then.
Heres a photo from the paddock and from the inside on turn one.
Jetsetsurfshop
I remove the fuel cell before it went off to the body shop to get straighten and found a hole in the outer metal case. The bladder was untouched. Got pretty lucky there. I think a new fuel cell is 700.00 bucks. Not in the budget.
I paid a buddy to braise the hole up. It came out better then new. I don't have a finished picture of it after paint so your going to have to trust me, it looked great.
Jetsetsurfshop
My goal. Shooting for this look.
Jetsetsurfshop
Passenger side motor mount.
It looked perfectly normal before the hit. I would of never suspected there was a rust issue hiding in there. I didn't take any repaired photos, but it came out better then new. Something I would look at before buying another car. After all, it is under the battery tray.
Another problem was the engine bar also crushed into the oil filter a little bit.
stugray
Damn! That sucks!

I hope you can get it back good as new.

At least I dont feel as bad about my weight penalty wit this:
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.