Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flywheel wear specs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Does anyone have the wear specs for a 914/4 flywheel handy? I had them saved on my system, but can't find them at all.

My flywheel has been resurfaced and the tops of the bolts ground down. Disk and pressure plate look pretty new - can't complain about that.

I got the gearbox clean today, and I'm wearing most of the filth. Three cans of brake cleaner and 30 minutes at my local self-serve carwash. (My father's family is from Michigan, so we call them quarter-washes. No one I talk to has heard that name before. confused24.gif )

-Rusty smoke.gif
RustyWa
I think there is some confusion on the wear specs for the flywheels. There are a couple of threads here, where people had said they received brand new flywheels and that they were below the wear specs.

It would be nice to have a good number as I am curious also.
Bleyseng
the factory manual says the minimum thickness for the center bolt flange area is 3.2mm from the top of the needle bearing. I assume you can mill that to spec so the contact surface works.
screw milling off the bolt heads, mill the bolting surface to have a proper relationship to the flywheel clutch surface. Most shops just resurface the flywheel clutch surface so then you have to grind off the bolts, way Mickey Mouse!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.