Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't find an auxiliary air regulator anywhere
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
Stock 76 2.0, I have searched the top of the engine for the Auxiliary Air Regulator, no luck. I have two small vacuum hoses going to the throttle body above the throttle plate. One of those small hoses goes directly to the dizzy vac, the other hose above the throttle body goes to a tee, then one leg from that tee goes to the other side of the dizzy and the other leg from that tee goes to a large silver disk connected to the egr pipe on the other side. I see a small can on the passenger side wheel well with three vacuum hoses coming off, (two large, one small) but no electric wire. Two of the three vacuum hoses (one small, one larger) coming from that small can go to below the throttle body and the other goes to the air cleaner. There is no part with two vacuum hoses and a wire anywhere that I can find, help!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BeatNavy
Looks like you're looking in the wrong spot. The AAR should be on the driver's side, sort of between the manifold and the oil fill tower. Remove the air box cleaner and you will have a better chance to see it.

In the diagram below, courtesy of Mr. Bowlsby, you can see it. Two hoses (red) coming off it next to the "OEL" tower.

IPB Image

Here's an actual pic of one:
IPB Image
Rob-O
There is a second type of AAR used as well. It looks like this...
Frankvw
You did not mention why you are looking for it, but in case you locate it now and want to take it out, be careful to not rip the wire from it, it is clearly visible in the pic of BeatNavy, but not so visible in the enginebay.
PlantMan
Usually driver side just behind the oil fill and will have a couple hose coming out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.