Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIG Rear Spoiler: Who makes these? (see pics)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
Where can I get one of these BIG rear spoilers. Who makes them? Do anyone have a pattern?

Thanks

Eddie
Eddie914
more
Eddie914
another
SirAndy
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ May 1 2005, 10:10 AM)
Where can I get one of these BIG rear spoilers. Who makes them?

try getty ...

http://www.gettydesign.com/

driving.gif Andy
skline
I think the one on the orange car is a one off. I heard Dekman tell someone it was not for sale. It looked clean on his car like someone spent some time making it.
Eddie914
Nothing in the Getty catalog.

They look to be aluminum. The most time consuming part would be making the pattern.

Eddie
URY914
I made mine out of f-glass, but I want to do it again out of c/f and make it very thin.
neo914-6
Dekmans had a formed return flange at the rear base where it was mounted. Nice compound curve work if it is metal.

Look at Sheridan'sSCCA spoiler
boxstr
I asked Dr. Dekman about the spoiler and he said it is a Sheridan and made of fiberglass.
CCLINSPOILME
seanery
The ones pictured are Roger Sheridan's SCCA legal spoiler
Sheridan Pricing
Eric_Shea
Not on the price list... sad.gif
seanery
get the sand out of your eyes Eric!

11th item down.... biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (seanery @ May 1 2005, 02:16 PM)

20th item down.... biggrin.gif

laugh.gif I was going to post the same thing...

914 SCCA LEGAL REAR SPOILER$ 200.00 (APPROX. WEIGHT 2 LBS)
seanery
it's actually the 11th, but your quote caught my error wink.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (seanery @ May 1 2005, 02:20 PM)
it's actually the 11th, but your quote caught my error wink.gif

Well he may not be able to count what he cannot see... laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Roger will make them in 3 inch or 6 inch. The 6 inch is semi abnoxious for the street. Roger doesnt even use one on his car. They do however fit like a glove.

FYI:

When you get them from Roger.. they are not finished out like the one on Ken's car. I'm betting Ken or his body guy had several hours detailing/smoothing out the backside of that spoiler.

B
xitspd
agree.gif Brad! I had my composite guy add a back pc. to the spoiler I bought from Roger. Roger does nice work and they fit good!
Brad Roberts
Roger has the best fibgerglass on the market. No question. He is a racer who got very tired of all the shit on the market that didnt fit.. so he made some of the best moulds I have ever seen and started making his own stuff. It rocks. I have been using his stuff since summer of 1996.

B
xitspd
Now, if you want something a little more radical, try a Jeff Hays rear wing! It keeps this 3.8 914-6 bad boy real stable at high speeds.
Brad Roberts
That is very similar to the one going on Bills new ride. The uprights are alum and the wing is CF. Semi flimsy.. but it works well.

B
Eric_Shea

blink.gif

(bite me... I'm old) laugh.gif
seanery
Shit man, you are old! ohmy.gif 1961 huh.gif
Brad Roberts
He dresses better than both of us however.

B
neo914-6
QUOTE (seanery @ May 1 2005, 06:08 PM)
Shit man, you are old!  :o  1961  :huh:

Eric's a year younger than me! ohmy.gif
Eric_Shea
OK... how about "Bite me... I have the attention span of a Nat" laugh.gif
Andyrew
I have plans on making one of Dese....

Sketch for now...

I think it would work well for Chris's car (v8)

The design is what I like, I dont know how well it would work... lol
campbellcj
The one in the top pic is a Sheridan (per the owner) although others have made them; it is designed for max lift reduction under SCCA etc. rulebooks with regard to height (6") and offset in relation to the bumper.

I'm gonna slap one on my 'big track' lid shortly. I know from experience that the early non-aero p-cars are very interesting >120mph.
Brett W
OK... how about "Bite me... I have the attention span of a Nat"

Old and they didn't teach you how to spell. Deadly combination. biggrin.gif
andys
QUOTE (boxstr @ May 1 2005, 01:23 PM)
I asked Dr. Dekman about the spoiler and he said it is a Sheridan and made of fiberglass.
CCLINSPOILME

Confirmed; I got the same answer when I asked him. Sheridan it is. Does anyone have a pic of the three inch model?

Andy
lybones
I got my Spoiler from www.Rennspd.com It's molded into a fiberglass rear decklid.

http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=359

lybones
Here's a rear view of the spoiler. (don't mind the high performance targa top. lol!)
Brett W
Looks like there is a lot of drag associated with that wing. Bet is deadens the sound and vibration of the top at speed. With that much surface area, you have any idea what type of down force you are getting? biggrin.gif
lybones
It does look tall from the back. The front is very gradual since it is molded in.
Brett W
I was referring to the mattress on top of the car.
dekman
Sorry...a little slow to respond. Roger sheridan made it for me. I was at Willow Springs(big track)with him and was loose in turn 8 at 120. He said get a wing. I said to obnxious. He said try my 6" spoiler. Noticable at 80+. He said 3-4" not enough and 8-10" takes of to much top speed. I love it.....approx $180. driving.gif
Brett W
Wow Sheridan must be hell on wheels with a spring winder and fabric making equipment.

biggrin.gif Man now i am just jerkin' your chain.

Yes I could see the taller one taking off too much top end. The IMSA wings were a much better way to do it. Look at the Wayne Baker wing and the IMSA wings on the RX7 from that generation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.