Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Some Member Help With The Teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
Hey 914world community (at least the here in LA lol)
I am wondering if anyone who presides in the area can help out with some hands on experience.

my 73' all of a sudden just stopped staring. to be clear the engine will turn over but it will not complete the process and start the engine.

it is a 1.7 FI and I am hoping someone can come over and with their experience and vast knowledge (because it always amazes me how my you all know about these cars ;-) and suss out what is wrong and then get what ever parts I might need and fix it myself or at least call a mechanic and get an estimate how much it fix the issue.

thx -jp-
TheCabinetmaker
We can help you thru the diagnosis from here.

Start at the beginning. Do you hear the fuel pump running for a second when you turn the key on? If not, check the fuses on the relay board. One of them feeds the aar and fuel pump. If yes, check for spark at the plug. Then check back with the results.
Mikey914
My money is on fuel pump. Anyone want to start a pool?

Carbed? or F/I?
Jeffs9146
I'll bite, Fuel Pump or Vacuum leak!
76-914
Or CHT is unplugged. Also, check the center carbon contact on the distributor cap.
turk22
since everyone is going fuel in the pool, I'll go spark. Condenser

bootyshake.gif
Larmo63
John, there are only three things that it can be:

Spark

Fuel

Compression

You probably have compression, check for the other two?
johnpierre
ok there are no vac leaks that im am quite certain of, but i like the fuel pump idea. where the hell is it and can I take it out in my driveway with common tools???

I think I checked the fuses already (it has been about six weeks when this happened) but I will check that again.

Lastly what is a CHT??? and where is that located??? and as far as spark? do you mean the spark plugs?? could all four of them just fail all at once???

will wait for your reply's...

-jp-
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Feb 2 2017, 08:11 PM) *

ok there are no vac leaks that im am quite certain of, but i like the fuel pump idea. where the hell is it and can I take it out in my driveway with common tools???

I think I checked the fuses already (it has been about six weeks when this happened) but I will check that again.

Lastly what is a CHT??? and where is that located??? and as far as spark? do you mean the spark plugs?? could all four of them just fail all at once???

will wait for your reply's...

-jp-

For the spark, open the dist cap and look at all of the contact points and make sure everything is clean and tight. I used to get calls all the time from my friend who's points would loosen up. I would drive out and fix them for him. It's a few minute job.

You should also check to see if there is spark at the plug wires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.