Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Strut Dust cover necessary?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Not sur eif it is a dust cover, or just a gravel guard, but is the sleeve that fits over the front sstrut necessary?
TimT
nope

Its just extra weight
Bleyseng
You have to have those on to pass tech. Also, you need to add about 200 lbs of lead in the rear trunk to make the weight class.
wink.gif
DNHunt
Chris,

Sounds like you are working. Way too hot for that stuff. 87 here in T town. Even got the top of my bald head sunburned with the top off. Sittin here remembering a trip home from the office in March with the top off at 52 degrees and wondering where the cool went. Hope you get lots done. I suppose you feel up against it with AX on the 5th.

Dave
ChrisReale
Just a wonderin' because I have very little room between the cover and tire. Maybe my pinky finger distance.... ohmy.gif Doesnt rub tho
Bleyseng
If you are going to drive the car in the street (rain and dirt) then keep em on to protect the seals of the shock. Otherwise, leave em off.

Geoff
Dave_Darling
Iffin ya run out of room for 'em, measure the shock rod and shock body and wander to your local Dirt Bike store and get some of the plastic accordion boots them guys use for their shocks. They tolerate bumping into stuff more than the metal sleeve does.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.