Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
Can I replace the front trunk seal without using adhesive? Did the stock install use it?
Tom_T
Stock used adhesive - both in the gutter to hold it in, & the corners were all glued together as well.

If you don't use adhesive in the gutter, then it will stick to the lid & pull out every time you open the front lid, eventually damaging the seal.

I'd recco using it, but make sure to clean & rust proof the gutter first with good primer/paint, if it's not been painted already.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Buy 914rubber.com new one and don't use glue. After it takes a "set" it should stay in place. It's nice to be able to pull it out and clean and dry the under the seal when it gets wet. Otherwise that seal hold the water for a while.
914_teener
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 3 2017, 11:18 AM) *

Buy 914rubber.com new one and don't use glue. After it takes a "set" it should stay in place. It's nice to be able to pull it out and clean and dry the under the seal when it gets wet. Otherwise that seal hold the water for a while.

agree.gif

You can also tap the channel with a rubber mallet to tighten up the fit where it is loose, I didn't use or need any.

While your there;

Grind and sand and treat any areas where it is needed or rusted.

Drive.
mtndawg
Thanks, I have a 914 rubber seal on the way so I'll try without.
Mark Henry
agree.gif
Just lay it in, it's a water trap.

If it did stick to the hood I'd wipe a tiny bit of veggie oil along the lip.
Also installing it on a hot sunny day should make it lay down nice.
Shredhead
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 3 2017, 03:16 PM) *

I'd wipe a tiny bit of veggie oil along the lip.
Also installing it on a hot sunny day should make it lay down nice.

Whoa. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.