Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2.0L cylinder heads from 76 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
john5589
I have a pair of 2.0L cylinder heads for sale. They came off a 1976 914 that was too far gone to rescue.

The heads have never been checked out by a shop. The engine had water in it and 1 of the heads has a broken fin. The heads are sold as is. I know many of these heads need machine work to be usable and these will be no different.

If you are interested make me a reasonable offer. I am going to wait a couple days and see what kind of response I get. I am doing this because I can't seem to find any information as to the value of a set of 2.0L heads. Buyer will pay selling price plus actual shipping cost.

Please ask questions if you have any.

PS: I had sold these here a while back, but the sale didn't go through. I am just getting around to re-listing them.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
You need to post a price per the rules. Hard to say what they are worth without knowing the condition. It you have any shops that can pull the valves and bead blast them it would reveal a lot.
john5589
Sorry, did not realize that.

$600 OBO
914_teener
No questions but without those chambers cleaned up...... and close ups for crack checks.

I'd be a little gun shy.

Might help to show the exhaust ports and the numbers.

GLWTS.
bdstone914
agree.gif
Without being able to see the the condition those,are a tough sale at that price.
mtndawg
agree.gif
john5589
OK, Thanks. I have no problem taking them to a shop to get cleaned up.

So, what specifically should I have done to these heads so their condition can be evaluated?

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks
bdstone914
Bead blast them and pull all the valves. Through inspection for cracks and water damage. Look for stripped spark plug holes, pulled exhaust studs. The broken fin is not really a big deal. A used set of heads can easily cost more than $1000 to properly repair. A buyer should know what he is in for. There are cracks that occur in exhaust ports that are not repairable.
GLWS
john5589
OK, I had the heads disassembled and bead blasted. The shop I took them to does a lot of work on various Porsche heads, 911, 356, etc. There was another set of 2.0L 914 heads sitting there completed and waiting to be picked up. So I am going to assume they know what they are doing.

They told me to do the rest of the head work would run about $450 plus $75 for new exhaust valves. This included new valve guides, re-seat the valves, fly cut the cylinder mating face and reassemble, etc. That is about all the details I remember. I am sure there are other high performance mods that could be made at higher cost. But to get them back in good working order would run about $525.

They said they did not see any cracks or issues with these heads. I have taken a bunch of pictures. If you want to see a specific pic or have a question, please ask.

As I have had this work done, I am changing the asking price to $700 obo plus shipping. Payment through Paypal if no one objects.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
john5589
Sorry, this will take a few posts to get all the pics uploaded.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
john5589
Click to view attachment
john5589
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this includes the original valve train and valves that were removed by the machine shop.

Thanks
john5589
The heads are still for sale.

If you have questions, please ask or send me a PM.

Thanks
john5589
The heads are still for sale. I was obviously asking too much.

Reducing the price to $600 plus shipping. Please send me a PM if you have questions.
Thanks
john5589
Sale of these fell through, so they are available again.

Please ask questions if interested.

Thanks
john5589
2.0L heads still available.

Reducing price to $550 plus shipping. Payment via PayPal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.